Strange things in Cannon channel beta map

Hi folks,
strange things happens in HSFX 4.1; this never happend in 4.0!
This is my favorite map!!!

I wanted to setup some training mission on the cannon channel beta map, but...here some pics
[Image: s11593l253.jpg]
[Image: j26634a253.jpg]

I setup the plane, is this case it

seen that too, had been multy tabbing from il-2 to a reference screen and back when it happened - assumed that caused it at the time

I just tried another map >channel winter 42-45< and the same happens.
It really drivin

That happens to me with the 109E-1 on a UP 2.0 install. I thought maybe the canopy mod wasn't installed, but now I'm starting to wonder if it's something else.

This happens to me also. I noticed it would alway kick me to desk top or do the black outline bit between 5 to 10 min into the build. This seem to happen mostly when the view object window is open,adn one is trying to place objects using waypoint. Sometimes the black border will flash in time with the waypoints. It also happens when it is not opened but a lot less frequently. I noticed that if I placed an aaa gun down first it seemed to take longer before the screen would freeze, about 20 to thirty min. and the bigger the mission file got the more stable it became , but it still would crash. The only solution I found was to save frequently and the place objects on the map and then copy the placed objects from the map instead of opening the view object menu. I also noted that there seemed to be a bit of a warning sign just before it would crash, the mouse started tracking more slowly. If you see that happening or only think it is happening save now, not one second later but now!

The other thing you should note is that if you use any objects from the FMBplus when making a mission you must always have it activated from then on or it will not save the map, but if you do not use anything from the FMBplus you don't need to have it active in order to save. This is because the FMB+ has a different set of objects that are not found in the standard FMB and this creates the same kind of situation as when objects are missing on a new installed map, it won't save. This can be really annoying if you forget to activate FMB+ and spend a lot of time on a map only to lose it all.

ATI drivers ? Was a problem with fonts with 9.12, and ATI claimed Il2 had memory leak.

Fisneaky Wrote:ATI drivers ? Was a problem with fonts with 9.12, and ATI claimed Il2 had memory leak.

Nope. Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M

I have the problem too
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT latest driver installed...
please help

Hello,

I had a similar problem when trying to set the Halifax, or the He-219 as player aircraft in FMB. I was told by other people here that in my case, it was probably because these aircraft are so-called "frankenplanes," pieced together from parts of other aircraft that are already in the game. Perhaps, you could try to build your mission with a different aircraft, preferably a stock-plane and set this aircraft as the player's plane. Then, when everything is done, before you safe the mission, change it back to the Wellington. The player box will remain checked in the tab, but you don't have to open it again (which apparently causes the problem), and you can still select load-out options, skill level, etc, from the first plane tab.

Regards,

RB

Stratodog Wrote:
Fisneaky Wrote:ATI drivers ? Was a problem with fonts with 9.12, and ATI claimed Il2 had memory leak.

Nope. Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M

OK , just an idea . The description of mouse slowing sounds like a possible memory leak.

Suppose you could try running the memory defrag tool from http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html while in FMB.
Could also try to save and fly mission from FMB before problem crashes game.( to check for missing or corrupted objects)

I'm on Nvidia 6600 and found no problems with HSFX 4.01 in FMB so far.
182.08 driver

Thx bohr^r, I tried with stock A/C + changed into Hawker Typhoon, Wellington etc.
So it worked! Perfect! I have to keep in my mind! :lol:

Hi Conehead,

Glad I could help. Big Grin

Regards,

RB