Game launch fail using unified installer?

Sup guys,

I recently bought Il-2 Sturmovik 1946, found out about this site and the unified installer.

I copied my game under another name, like suggested in "READ ALL OF THIS BELOW" on the page, after smoothly downloading the installer, i applied/unzipped/installed it in the copied game file.

Though when I tried launching the game, it gave me the loading screen: " AAA Community Mod Installer Version 1.1 " it shows a japenese aircraft attacking a couple of bombers.

The second it is loaded, it jumps to 5% done, but stops there, and after a few seconds, the game shuts down.

I've been searching the AAA site for a similar problem, but havent been able to find anything helpfull/similar.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Please help! -broworm

Did you patch the game to 4.08m before the Unified Installer?

Unified installer? If you are installing the UI you are way behind the curve..... Especially if it is UI 1.1..

fughedabouddit .. It'll never work right .. sounds like you aren't patched right either..

UN install the sim.. then delete that folder entirely... then go to this site. Read the pages for HSFX 4.0 & HSFX 4.1 and download the HSFX 4.0& the HSFX 4.1 mod packs.. it is a much MUCH better product than UI 1.1. Along with Patch 4.08m and patch 4.09m. Save them all to your desktop initially.

The AAA UI was actually updated to 1.2.... UI 1.25 (the fully 4.09 compatible mod pack) is incorporated into the HSFX 4.1 mod pack.

Before you install that mod pack though MAKE SURE YOUR COPY OF 46 IS PATCHED TO 4.09. See the Nugget's Guide in my sig for more info on patching the sim. You want to let the official patches dictate where you go with this. So ............

1-Uninstall your current 46 install.. and then delete the folders that it was installed to. You said you recently bought it.. so you shouldn't have a huge file.
2-Reinstall 46. That should be ver 4.07m
3-Patch to ver 4.08
4-Patch to ver 4.09
5-Install the HSFX 4.0 mod pack
5-Install the HSFX 4.1 upgrade

Then enjoythe sim.

Or you can just skip step 5 and go straight to this: http://il2ultrapack.net46.net/index.php ... 155.0.html and have even more planes to fly than HSFX 4.1.

Once you have UltraPack 2.0, you can always donwgrade to HSFX 4.1 by using a option in UltraPack 2.0.

Thanks for the help and quick response guys, Ill try it out and see if it works