Would upgrading RAM on a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop help IL2?

I run my copy of Il2 1946 on my Laptop, a Dell Inspiron 6000 Laptop.
The game ran ok when it was a direct install from the cd, graphics were fluid etc...

I have since upgraded my il2 version to 4.09 and downloaded/ installed the unified installer.

Il2 does run but sometimes struggle to keep up with the action and becomes juddery whilst fighting.

Would putting more RAM into my Laptop solve this?

the details of my laptop are: Intel Pentium M processor 1.86GHz 782MHz, 504MHz RAM and I happily run XP SP3

depends o n the MB specs. even if you have faster RAM u may not be able to use it.

It looks like you say the game ran 'ok' unmodded. After you installed the UI, it ran slower.

You need to be aware that running mods will greatly affect your frame rate. With tests on my computer, I found that, in general, my frame rates were about 40% slower running a modded version, as compared to an unmodded version. That's quite a heavy loss.

Now, if your computer was just 'ok' before you modded IL-2, that 40% loss of frame rate could really be hurting you. If I were you, I would run some simple tests to see where you stand.

Switch the UI to an unmodded version and run a simple Quick Mission (or the Black Death track would be even better) with the frame rate counter activated. Then run the same mission again, but this time in a modded version. Compare the average frame rate for the two missions.

Adding memory will probably not help very much with your frame rate.

Aviar