Is the Saitek Aviator (AV8R) worth it? How about Cyborg X?

I just ordered the Saitek Cyborg X.
However I like the AV8R just as much.

I hope I made the right decision. I was pretty much stuck between these 2.
I wanted a Saitek product, and one with 2 throttles/engine controlls...

maybe you people know more and can help

thanks,

Cyborg x, my new joystick as of tomorrow

[Image: 5435_Saitek_Cyborg_X_Joystick_USB_Gaming...S38_xl.jpg]

i use the AV8R and i love it but the only problem i have with it is that the engine controls are right behind the stick so i have to reach behind it to move the throtles.

I too have the AV8R and so far, I love it. The throttles are a little annoying in placement, but at least they are solid and work well. If you get the Saitek Throttle Quadrant, the AV8R matches it aesthetically.

I also have the AV8R and I really like it. As far as the cheaper sticks go, it's pretty sturdy and well built and handles well. I also find its "retro" style better fitting Il-2 than the other, modern-themed Saitek sticks. :wink:

I have AV8R also, it's just the best stick ever. Hopelessly, it's impossible to set another throthle for left and right engines in IL-2. But flying mosqito or me262 with 2 throthles could be great! At the moment I'm using one throtle for propeller's pitch.

Question, does the saitek cyborg shown in picture of the first post have rudder twist?

I'm thinking about buying one like that too, I read that it's easy to deconnect certain parts for easy storage, would be useful to take with me to my job to play IL2 there on my labtop.

~S~

Endtyme Wrote:Question, does the saitek cyborg shown in picture of the first post have rudder twist?

I'm thinking about buying one like that too, I read that it's easy to deconnect certain parts for easy storage, would be useful to take with me to my job to play IL2 there on my labtop.

~S~

Absolutely, it has!. I just got it. Its a great stick, very modern and slick
The only problem is I cant seem to get the throttles to work propery with il-2. I dont know how to configure it.

However the joystick works 100%, assembles, dissasembles fast, .. it even has a "key" to adjust it the way you want..and a little blue light. very comfortable to hold in hand,..great buy.
(its actually smaller then you might think)
the box was about 50% smaller than what I expected.
its worth it - get it!

mati140 Wrote:I have AV8R also, it's just the best stick ever. Hopelessly, it's impossible to set another throthle for left and right engines in IL-2. But flying mosqito or me262 with 2 throthles could be great! At the moment I'm using one throtle for propeller's pitch.

Mati,
-

did you get the throttle levers on your AV8R to work properly in il-2 ?
I cant get them to work !
I have the one in the picture in post#1, but its similar to your's.
Throttle 1 is dead in game.. throttle 2 works but if you touch it just this much.. the engine goes to 100% full power... reducing the throttle all the way back will bring the engine power to about 50%.. not more.!!

that's bad
I dont know how to fix it.
I calibrated it in widows.. it all works great... but in Game.. - its a different story.
I just wanna use both throttles normally and its not working for me.
What do I need to do ?

HusarDerLuft Wrote:
Endtyme Wrote:Question, does the saitek cyborg shown in picture of the first post have rudder twist?

~S~

Absolutely, it has!. I just got it. Its a great stick, very modern and slick
The only problem is I cant seem to get the throttles to work propery with il-2. I dont know how to configure it.

However the joystick works 100%, assembles, dissasembles fast, .. it even has a "key" to adjust it the way you want..and a little blue light. very comfortable to hold in hand,..great buy.
(its actually smaller then you might think)
the box was about 50% smaller than what I expected.
its worth it - get it!
OK, thanks for the reply, I'll see what others say about the throtle problem you talk about there. If you find a solution, please post it.

~S~

Hmmm... I had a similar problem with my Cyborg Evo: one small change on throttle, huge jumps in numbers (from 50% to 110% by just touching it). Same with the rudder axis. It seems that this stick calibrates itself by the amount of movement applied to it during the game (whatever the folks at Saitek meant to achieve by that). My solution was to start the game, go to 100% (110%) throttle, then back to 0%, then go full rudder left/right, THEN start the real flying (the best way to do it is while pausing the game) - and voil

[quote="J99Eingehirner"]Hmmm... I had a similar problem with my Cyborg Evo: one small change on throttle, huge jumps in numbers (from 50% to 110% by just touching it). Same with the rudder axis. It seems that this stick calibrates itself by the amount of movement applied to it during the game (whatever the folks at Saitek meant to achieve by that). My solution was to start the game, go to 100% (110%) throttle, then back to 0%, then go full rudder left/right, THEN start the real flying (the best way to do it is while pausing the game) - and voil