TrackIR wont turn on

Today when I was going to play FSX I turned on my trackir 4 to play, when I noticed it didnt want to turn on.

I tried reinstalling the software many times, but with no luck. Sad

Any help? thank you.

if its wireless did you check batterys or if its wired make sure its pluged in

spitfire13 Wrote:if its wireless did you check batterys or if its wired make sure its pluged in
Yes my trackIR is plugged in, i can see the blue light flashing meaning it is plugged in. It just wont turn on when starting the software :???:

What version of the software are you running?

There is a common problem with the TrackIR v. 5 software regarding USB power. If you have too many things plugged in to your USB ports (even if they are powered remotely, like a USB hub), the Track Ir software drivers will fail and drop the device.

An instant fix is to just unplug it and plug it back in into a different USB port and unplug any unused USB devices.
A better fix (if you're using a Track Ir 4) is to roll back the software and drivers to the last 4.x version.
If you are using a 5.0, you're stuck. Just keep checking in with Natural Point for updated drivers.

S!

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:What version of the software are you running?

There is a common problem with the TrackIR v. 5 software regarding USB power. If you have too many things plugged in to your USB ports (even if they are powered remotely, like a USB hub), the Track Ir software drivers will fail and drop the device.

An instant fix is to just unplug it and plug it back in into a different USB port and unplug any unused USB devices.
A better fix (if you're using a Track Ir 4) is to roll back the software and drivers to the last 4.x version.
If you are using a 5.0, you're stuck. Just keep checking in with Natural Point for updated drivers.

S!
Thanks, will try that out Smile

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:What version of the software are you running?

S!

Yes, had the same problem with my TIR 3 when I had it plugged into a USB hub, hooking it directly into the computer solved the issue.