question memory speed v memory quantity

have 2 oldish computers both still working fine.
computer no 1 has 448mb memory running at 100 mhz.
computer no 2 has 250 mb memory running at 333 mhz
my question how much memory running at 333mhz would = 448mb running at 100mhz (i ask because i am thinking of retiring one of them but which one ,both have given me good service )
is there a rule of thumb for calculating this

The one with the fastest CPU. In fact I'm looking at a stick of 256 mb PC2700 sitting on my desk which will never get used again (yours for a Self Addressed Envelope)

The low amounts and age of the memory you're talking about makes it a fairly pointless debate. The answer is: Both are bad. Both are slow, both are low amounts. Obviously 256mb running @ 333mhz is bad, but just as obviously 448 @ 100 is bad, too. In fact, 448 is a nearly impossible number to reach with memory -- would have to be 256 + 128 + 64, unpaired sets, possible but as each stick is likely different brand/ns rating the overall performance is actually worse.

If you MUST choose one, the choice is 256mb IF it is only one stick.

If you must keep the computer I'd drop more memory in it (getting rid of the current memory you have), memory for old computers is dirt cheap now (I've got 512mb stick and 256mb DDR PC3200 (400mhz) I can't even sell on ebay -- nobody wants them).

:-?

448mb of RAM may come from 512mb of Ram, but part of that RAm is allocated to 64mb of intergrated graphics.