New gamer pc?

Hi
First i must thank all for an great forum Big Grin
Can somebody pleace help me with this?
Well After having some problems with my old PC i am just vonder if i shall buy a new one so therefor i just ask what to buy i do not have mutch spending but i want an PC who run over 100 planes in modded HSFX game in IL-2 and who can fit in my rack my rack is http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/246/1 and i wish not to replace it because of cost!

Here is i want to buy:

Mainbord-
Grapiccard-
Soundcard- corrected i do not need soudcard i have Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and if it is not any rong with it i keep it :wink:
CPU-
Powersupply-
Hardrive??? i am not sure if it is that who couses the failure? but i have one in reserve 250GB.
Rack-

I cand spend 500$ up to 870$ or 360EUR up to 730EUR

Be very happy for any respond on this issue pleace Big Grin

Cheers
redarrows2006

Are you in USA? I am asking you this because I would suggest parts that are from Newegg.com

Hi there GeneralPsycho Smile
Thank you Big Grin Say no i am from Europe and my rack is very old and not in store here where i live it was the only picture i be able to find sry mate :?

redarrows2006 Wrote:Hi there GeneralPsycho Smile
Thank you Big Grin Say no i am from Europe and my rack is very old and not in store here where i live it was the only picture i be able to find sry mate :?
Hi Sir:
Here is a place you can make a post and they may be able to help you out.
They all live in Europe and they are good folks.
http://www.battle-fields.com/commscentr ... ay.php?f=1

Hi skyomish Big Grin
Thank you i do it right away Big Grin

Since you are in Europe?

I say

Bequiet Power supply, very high quality resistors. Clean power
http://www.be-quiet.net/be-quiet.net/?S ... iteLang=en

For CPU, Go AMD PHENOM II QUAD BLACK. For sure!! AMD has soul.

CELLSHOCK RAM
http://cellshock.flagbit.com/en/about/company.html

Alternate RAM: Either, Infineon or QUIMONDA. ddR 2 OR 3

Hard drive TREKSTOR All their externals are 7200 rpm as well.
http://www.trekstor.de/en/products/hdd.php

Heres the deal kid, make sure to get a dual or quad core proccessor, the intel multi thread i5 & i7 are really good but probly out of your price range. But if you can get your hands on a rig that has one, do it for sure. Dont worry so much about hard drives and ram, unless you plan on building your own rig. Anything pre assembled will most likely come with 500gigs or more of hard drive space and 4 gigs of ram. These two numbers for rom(hard drive space) and ram are the average. The real deal is if you get a new computer with pci-e slots make sure to save a little money for your graphics card and get a 260gt or up to a 285gt card. These will run from $150 to $350, but this is your real gaming power. A quad core from walmart with a 260gt installed($150 online) will rock any game on the market right now. I say this because I have a q6600 quad core overclocked to 3.2ghz with SLI(dual) 9500gt cards and a single 260gt card will smoke my rig. Now when I get the money I can install two 260gt's and will be that much futher ahead, but for IL-2 and most normal applications, you will never need two graphics cards. For a buget, go to Best Buy and get a $500 rig. Then get a really good card and be done with it. Its like having a car. You can buy a new one and have a really nice car or you can build one for alot of money and have a hot rod. For the price range you suggested I would buy a new one and get back to playing.

Having said that, if your hell bent on building a bad ass computer then you need to remember that everything matters. From the case you buy to ram timing. Everything matters. First I would price motherbooard/cpu combos. I run a p5n-d nivida board with a q6600 proccessor. This is a good base because my board is SLI board. Which means two graphics cards for one monitor, almost double the FPS in some games. Next is ram. If your going to overclock, pay attintion to timming. Get good ram sticks, it matters. I got my rig used and I can tell the boy who owned it first skimped on certian things, like ram sticks, because he bought 2 gig sticks, but with a speed of 667, instead of what I would say should have been atleast 800 or better. This is holding me back alittle when it comes to overclocking. Then there is your pcu( power pack). Once again the formor owner of my rig was running low on money and put a 450 watt unit in it. I blew this up the first week of overclocking. I put in a lsp650 watt, but if I ever get dual 260gt's I will probally need a 750. After all this you look at your projected tempetures. That will determan how much money you need for a case, fans and if you should run liquid cooling. I got liqiud (thank god the boy atleasd bought that) their for I can do serius perfomance overclocking with out worring about burning my rig to the ground. Alot of cases can be bought set up for such things and some cannot. Once again, everything matters.

Now this all sounds abit overwhelming , but with a little bit of homework and some help from the forums you can end up with a computer that will dim the lights when gaming. I paid $450 for my complete rig off of craigslist. But this is not the norm. I thing the boy needed the money pretty bad because I am going to estmate that he spent $1000 building it. Looking for deals online is a good option, but like me you might get stuck with a few low end components. But its a good base to start with.

Good luck and keep these guys updated as to your progress and you will most likely get help every step of the way.

P5N-D w/ q6600, 500gig hard drive, 4 gig ram, liquid cooled, SLI 9500gt's, $450 on CraigsList (not the norm)

[Image: dsc00046ex.jpg]

Hi Davis0079 Thank you for your effort Smile Poligze :oops: But i wonder is it Geforce card you talking about? Is it like the G-Force card is cheep but is not that reliable as Radeon card when gaming IL-2 with mod and new texture in maps ec?

And also when it comes to Grapiccard i have seen that Radeon has an serie that called Radeon 700+++ and Radeon 800+++ who i am just thinking to buy? But they are much expensive than G-force card!
When the Radeoncard http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/rad ... ,2433.html is cost ca 350$ And I am not sure of what Geforce card to get who is cheeper then the Radeon card and better to play IL-2 Modded easy Smile Should i go for this?

And also when it comes to powersupply i am realy comfused i do have no clue what to buy because it seems that it not always the let us say 700W is better then the lower Watts powersupply? What can i pick here?

The rack It seems that i must replace rack because the new cards is getting bigger and also mine is like 5years old i have this in mind "Antec Nine Hundred" it cost ca 100$ but i like to make it cheep so therefor i do not like to replace it. But realy if i must replace it for sure i go for this http://images.google.no/imgres?imgurl=h ... X%26um%3D1 rack Smile I do have this http://www.gideontech.com/content/articles/246/1 but i do not know how to look for when buying component who fit to my old rack?

Thank you for your answers mates Big Grin

I be back cya all Smile

The case that I strongly suggest is HAF932, but it is out of your price range. Another very good option is NZXT m59 mid tower case. Very good case for the money.
You can do literally everything with it.

As for parts, I suggest you getting the following

AMD Athlon X4 620 quadcore. Yes it is not the fastest out there, but games are going multithreaded in the future. ~~100 dollars in USA ~~ 120 Dollars in europe
4GB of Dual Channel DDR3 at least 1333MHZ, make sure that the voltage rating is 1.65V or below, otherwise you will fry your memory controller on the CPU. Anything
like, Crucial, Gskill, Patriot, Corsair rams are good. ~~ 100-110 dollars in USA ~~ 130 dollars in Europe
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard, Has 2 PCI 16 express slots, so if you can, do upgrades in the future. Very good bang for your buck. ~~ 110bucks ~~ 130 bucks
Power supply is one of the most important components in your PC, because if you get the low quality, it will have a probability to fry your whole computer.
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W
Antec BP550 Plus 550W
BFG Tech GS-550 550W
OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS 600W
CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W
OCZ Z-Series OCZZ650 650W

This is a list of great quality powersupplies. I gave you this list so you have a good chance of acquiring one of those. These powersupplies have a great
amperage on 12Volt rails, giving you potential to upgrade to higher end graphics in the future ~~ range 70-100 dollars USA ~~ 90-130 Europe

After you buy your case, you can look at your graphics cards. Nvidia do better in this sim, that is a fact.
GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB Graphics. These GTXs are not very good value right now. If you are willing to wait for march because
nvidia is going to release their next generation graphics, and the current generating are going to be lowered in price.

Total cost will come at approximately 850bucks Europe

Just post a question, I and the Community will be glad to help you.

One question, what monitor shall you be using? state your resolution :wink:

One question, what monitor shall you be using? state your resolution :wink:[/quote]

Sorry my late answer.. And thanks for any answers on this:-)
LOL GeneralPsycho i am running and dinosaur "hp7550 17.INC CRT monitor" :wink: And i shall replace it in time :lol:

Also thanks for your adwise Davis0079 Smile but i do not doing overclocking i am a beginner sry mate by the way i like your PC it look bigstime Big Grin Big Grin

Also it fun to do this but it take time than expected..lol Question? Realy i do have many choices but shall i go for 1GB or 512MB cards? Also shall i go for G-Force card 260.280GT or ? 512MB PCI E when gaming use in IL-2 or do i go for Radeon-card 4770 4850++ 512MB ?? Is it less better to run cheep Radeon-card 512MB then cheep G-Force-card 512MB?...

As said i do have this old HIS Radeon HD 2600XT 1GB cards now but it has not PCI Express!! And i do need a card who is better. Is the (Geforce GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB Graphics) better then the (ASUS GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA) or is it like there is not so? Is this much better to buy then let us say (ASUS GeForce GT 240 512MB PhysX CUDA)? Or this Radeon (XFX Radeon HD 4770 512MB GDDR5)? for the money but still better then the HIS Radeon 1GB to gaming IL-2 All is PCI Express also :wink:

I am planing of buying the best ASUS Manibord
(ASUS Crosshair 3 Formula $270.USD)
Thanks Sry but i couldnt find any test of the ( ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard)
[Is this the (ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard) same as bying the (ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO, Socket-AM3) in preformance??]
Is this a good choice for the money or sould i go for the ASUS Crosshair 3 Formula?

Then i thinking of buying and
"AMD Athlon II X2 240"
who do not cost more then proksombly $80.USD.

RAM $190-$200.USD what is what i figger out it cost added http://www.i-tech.com.au/products/98_Co ... _40mm.aspx
Is this a good choice or shall i go less expensive Memorystick without Fan for the expensive Mainboard (ASUS Crosshair 3 Formula)(/ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard)?
Sry my English is not good :oops:

Be very happy for any answer on this pleace Big Grin

The GTX260's you were talking about, were the same thing.

GTX260 is much more powerful than 4770, or GT240 or 4850. Make sure you get GTX260 Core216 not with Core 192 GTX260 will give you future proofing in the future if you decide to get a bigger monitor.

You cannot run to mismatched graphics by ATi or Nvidia. There are ways to bypass that, but these matters will make me even nervous to tinker with.

Asus crosshair 3 motherboard is great, but it would be a shame to pair it up with a stellar cpu that you mentioned. The 785 chipset AMD motherboards will not allow you to run 2 graphics cards in the future, thus hindering the upgrade path. But it will not matter much.

Cpu should be sticked with a quad core, the BOB SOW will be quad core optimized. The extra 30 dollars is well worth it.

That is very epensive ram you are talking about. Ram does not make a difference in gaming that much. I suggest you get 4gb with at least 1333mhz clocks.

Hi sry my late letter:

Also thaks all for helping me on this Big Grin But i need to know more therefor i have found some interesting card but can i use them in sim?

Grapic:
PowerColor Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, DVI-I, HDMI $128.USD

XFX Radeon HD 4770 512MB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI-I, HDMI, HDCP, 750MHz $152.USD

ASUS Radeon HD 4850 1GB GDDR3
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP $170.USD

XFX Radeon HD 5750 512MB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, 700MHz $173.USD

XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort, 850MHz $214.USD

PowerColor Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, "PLAY!", DVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort $222.USD

ASUS GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI, HDMI, HDCP, Core 216, Graphics Plus, 55nm $249.USD

PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI-I, HDMI, DisplayPort $384.USD

Power:
Corsair TX 650W PSU
ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Standard. 2x 6+2-pin PCIe, 8x SATA, 120mm Vifte $152.USD

Corsair HX 620W PSU
ATX 12V V2.2, 80 Plus, Modular, 2x 6+2-pin PCIe, 8x SATA, 120mm Vifte $169.USD

CPU:

AMD Athlon II X2 250
Dual Core, 3.0Ghz, AM3, 2MB, 65W, Boxed $97.USD

Mainboard:

Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Socket-AM3
AMD 790FX+SB750, ATX, DDR3 , Firewire, 2xGbLAN, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)x16 $232.USD Big Grin

Radeon/ G-force / or More expensive Radeon.. I just wonder witch grapiccard could i go for here? Is it true that the G.force- card is using more power then the Radeon-card?
I also read that the Radeon card PowerColor Radeon HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 is cheep and have also done it well on gametest but there are no test as usual of IL-2 1946 .Reason i mention this is like the cheeper G-force card like the 249-250 is i read that they are not that good when it compares to cheeper Radeon-card like them mention above.

Also i consider to buy an different mainboard (Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P, Socket-AM3) then i mention earlyer because it come to ekspensive to me. And also i have consider to buy an cheep AMD Athlon II X2 250 Dual Core? I buy the 4Xcore later i think?

Also witch Corsair powersupply is the best of these to mention above?

Want to thank youGeneralPsycho and Davis0079 for helping me on this once again your been greate folks :wink: