My Full scale Mosquito arrived today...in a box!

Well nearly full scale ,it is BIG & it was a BIG box:

[Image: P1010009-1.jpg]

with almost as many parts as the original:

[Image: P1010011-1.jpg]

with a book full of instructions:
[Image: P1010010-1.jpg]

It will probably take longer for me to assemble than the good folks did at DeHavilland...

What's the surface detail like on that kit? I know some of the latest releases by Airfix are quite good detail wise.

Remember the exterior on original is plywood & has very little detail - I'd say this is quite good- the engines and interior are wonderful...my only critcism are iffy painting instructions...Paint numberes that I think may only match Humbrol colors but even that is questionable at this point. Not a big deal on exterior but inside,well it can't all be RAFInterior green.
While I'm being picky- it does have a HUGE decal sheet,but very few RAF Squadron alteratives...I doubt whether many builders will put this beauty dressed for civvy street.

That's going to look great, post some pics when it's done.

Good luck!

damn thats pretty sweet ! good luck for it

4./JG53_Howlin Wrote:WOW, i cant belive you spent that on the model, ive been following the Airfix mossie for some time now, and i just caanot justify that on a model, bet it will look amazing when its built, and yes its a huge model, good luck building it. i look foward to watching your progress
Santa brought it...just a little late...the elves hadn't quite finished... :lol:

good luck mate!

How big is the wing span?

looks awesome

Wow, that'll look awesome when built! Big Grin

Tongue can you post some pics during the built progress please?

socorrista22198 Wrote:Tongue can you post some pics during the built progress please?

+1

Lefty Hartnett Wrote:How big is the wing span?

looks awesome

Take the span of the real aircraft and divide by 24 and that will give you the model span, I think wingspan is around 54 ft so model should be around 27"

Good to see Airfix back on their feet - I had the 1/24 scale 109 and spit many many years ago.....

always wanted the Harrier tho.... 8)

1:24 ? wow, that is big. But you have no more room left without getting into your wife's stuff. you're gonna need a bigger man cave.

I was going to buy this for Christmas but its