hd question changed d drive back to c drive wont boot

had 2 drives in computer(1) formated d drive .then decided to move d drive to different machine (2) and use it as my c drive on that machine (2) used f disk to install and partition/format as c on machine (2) but will not now boot as c driveon machine (2) .it can still be used as a second harddrive d but not as c what am i doing wrong

Gday specter, what windows are you trying to install? and is the HD a PATA (IDE) drive, or is it a SATA drive? If it is a PATA (IDE) drive, have a look at the jumper setting on the back of the drive and check to make sure that it is set as a Master drive, and not Slave. Also, if you are using XP and upwards, instead of using FDisk, try using the built in format feature during its installation.

Helrza
it is pata and set as master .operating system windows 2000 older machine dont think it could handle xp .but thanks for that info on built in format feature for xp

What size and make of drive? I put a Seagate 80 gig in my Win2K server, and recall there was something I had to do before it would even see the drive...forget what it was though.