How can someone "Hack" your Youtube account? !!?

This was done to me yesterday..
Somebody hacked it and posted inappropriate (gay) content on my profile page, .. changed the main movie on the page and posted 7 or 8 homo films in my "favorites" section.
What frightened me the most is that my full name First and Last appeared in my profile. I never never put any such information anywhere on Youtube.
He also changed the description about myself, my favorite hobby according to him is "masturbation"..(which is probably his favorite hobby)..
He also posted a bunch of messages on other peoples profile with homosexual content and "apologies" on my part...etc

A friend on youtube, when he visited my profile page to leave a message, and saw all that gay content..he commented "God help us"....
I messaged him and others and told them I got hacked.. I did not put that there!!!!
I hope I deleted most of it and I changed everything how it was before, but I fear that asshole will return...

How is that even possible... how can you hack into someones Youtube account? Can you even trace that person?
I'm thinking about even shutting down that account.
I emailed youtube security and I'm waiting for a reply..
Me, the straightest guy around... how can someone do that to me?

I put up a video of hot Persian dark haired babes (models) up on my page so people don't get the wrong idea

Chances are this person is someone you know ; as he/she's added your real name in the profile. A hacker could bruteforce the password , but they wouldn't find your real name on you-tube if you'd not entered it there.

Alternatively you could have a keylogger or other backdoor trojan on your rig.

Run the usual checks + Fsecure do a free online check. - see link below.

Change ALL your passwords (its a good idea to do this regularly).

http://www.techhail.com/software/4-free-...ur-pc/2630

Fisneaky Wrote:Chances are this person is someone you know ; as he/she's added your real name in the profile. A hacker could bruteforce the password , but they wouldn't find your real name on you-tube if you'd not entered it there.

Alternatively you could have a keylogger or other backdoor trojan on your rig.

Run the usual checks + Fsecure do a free online check. - see link below.

Change ALL your passwords (its a good idea to do this regularly).

http://www.techhail.com/software/4-free-...ur-pc/2630

thanks man,
Im pretty sure (99.9%) its not someone I know.
I probably have put some bad comments on some movie and the guy retaliated.
I hope he did not hack into my PC and got my name and other info from that ..

what is brutefoce and how do you use that?
The guy could have changed my password himself and render my account useless but he chose not to.
I have ESET Nod 4.0.314 installed I believe its just as good against trojans as it is against viruses

http://www.passwordmeter.com/

"Bruteforce" see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brute_force_attack.
Possible, though unlikely unless it were for financial (or political) gain. Some Chinese RMT operators have been known to use it to hack game accounts (MMO's etc.).

Look at other sources where your name may appear ie facebook, twitter and the like.

I think I had something like a backdoor trojan that makes your PC data available to others...
But how can someone on youtube put such a program on your machine and gain access to it ??

Your best move would be to report it to Youtube support (which you've done). They should be able to track the IP of the hacker.

If determined hackers can access the Pentagon , CIA, FBI and several major banks ; I'm sure the average user and even youtube present little problem.

Fisneaky Wrote:Your best move would be to report it to Youtube support (which you've done). They should be able to track the IP of the hacker.

If determined hackers can access the Pentagon , CIA, FBI and several major banks ; I'm sure the average user and even youtube present little problem.

Fisneaky Wrote:Your best move would be to report it to Youtube support (which you've done). They should be able to track the IP of the hacker.

But how is it possible that someone could "Guess" your web-Email (Hotmail, Gmail) password? Most people are not dumb to make them easy to guess obvious words.
They must be using some special tools, programs..
If they can hack your email, they can gain access to any account of the web. For example to Youtube.. The just go to "I forgot my password", then youtube sends a new password to the email which he now has access to, he then deletes this email and you would never know he did this..
Whats worse you can get on someone's hard-disk and look till you find a resume or an adress book.. with it you know his full name, adress etc etc etc.. nasty stuff

whats the best trojan/antispyware tool available out there in your opinion.. Something other than ESET NOD i'm using ... ?

Not heard anything bad about ESET, but if it helps I'm using "PC Tools Internet Security", found it better then Norton.

Can you remember if any one has emailed or got in contact with you about "you tube" or your account with them over the last year?

madcat Wrote:Not heard anything bad about ESET, but if it helps I'm using "PC Tools Internet Security", found it better then Norton.

Can you remember if any one has emailed or got in contact with you about "you tube" or your account with them over the last year?

No, and as for the Email I dont think It got hacked yet, just the Youtube,.. but my full familly name appeared there and he could only have gotten that by looking through my emails or hacking my computer files to find a resume or something I only have there.

Norton I hear is not so good.. I was told Nod32 and Kaspersky are supposed to be the best ones around.

Smile
I just installed it its great

[Image: 12.png]

by the way, before with Nod32, I keep getting the following pop up and it occurs quite frequently.. lets say every half and hour or so..

... :?

[Image: 84624617.jpg]

".cn" .. thats China, isn't it?

When you visit that address is says web site has changed to hhuu (dot) net and then it says this "This web have been hijacked by nod32, it's safe. you can disable your eset nod32 before visit this website. The Earth is very dangerous, go back to Mars.", but other info suggest that the IP belongs to a DNS with links to media web sites in China. Any way seeing as that site has beef with eset then I suggest you contact them and tell them your getting this wired pop-up about nod123 at the same time block that IP address.

How they might of found you real name is when they hacked your you tube account they did a search with the email address you used to register and found like your facebook page or some other place linked to that email address, other then that you could of picked up a browser hack but not shore and then they just redirect your home page or send you crappy pop-ups, if it was a bad one that some how did send personal info on your computer then they would do more then steal your you tube account???? and any way eset should of picked that up...

Bit confused because it seems a bit more personal then some random hack yet at the same time nothing else seems to have happened.

Did PC Tools find any thing and have you tube said any thing?