witch midi cases?

I have just come across over some great cases. But witch do i pick?

1. Antec 300 mid-tower + - $90USD
2. Nzxt M59 + - $92USD thans GeneralPsycho for this adwise++

For extra cooling. Antec 300 is smal compare to the Nzxt M59 and it has not as many fan and god airflow as the Antec 300 becase the Nzxt has an fan witch to install infront and missing holes and skrues to build an fan when unpack itSad as the Antec have actually have 2 holes for fans in frontSmile

But i have less buck so therefor i do not know witch to pic parhaps you have any answers on this pleace?

Also Thanks for an great forum this is Big Grin

Hi, redarrows, we haven't chatted in a while.

I recommend liquid cooling, then size of case does not matter, among other advantages such as increasing graphic settings. 8)

Fireskull Wrote:Hi, redarrows, we haven't chatted in a while.

I recommend liquid cooling, then size of case does not matter, among other advantages such as increasing graphic settings. 8)

Hi Fireskull thanks then it must be the Nzxt M59 it has holes for liquid cooling :wink: if i can get it that is?

Yeah, I feel liquid cooling is the best for IL-2. You know that I want good things for you. Smile

http://www.lian-li.com.tw/v2/en/product/...c_index=25

Nice and classy.

Almost all aluminium.

One thing to keep in mind is what graphics card you intend to use both now and (possibly) in the future. They are getting very long these days.

When I put my system together about a year and a half ago I got an Antec Sonata case - good deal price wise with good quality Antec PSU included.

Initially I used nvidia 8800gts graphics. When I switched later to a gtx260 (10.5 inches length), it wouldn't fit in the case . I had to make a fairly major (for me anyway) modification (ie cutting bits out!!) to the case to get it in.

Latest ATI cards are even longer - I believe top of the range ATI requires ~12 inches when you include space for power connectors.

Best err on side of caution on this.

kendo Wrote:One thing to keep in mind is what graphics card you intend to use both now and (possibly) in the future. They are getting very long these days.

When I put my system together about a year and a half ago I got an Antec Sonata case - good deal price wise with good quality Antec PSU included.

Initially I used nvidia 8800gts graphics. When I switched later to a gtx260 (10.5 inches length), it wouldn't fit in the case . I had to make a fairly major (for me anyway) modification (ie cutting bits out!!) to the case to get it in.

Latest ATI cards are even longer - I believe top of the range ATI requires ~12 inches when you include space for power connectors.

Best err on side of caution on this.

Oh, I thought the top end stuff was getting smaller? It was until relatively recently. Maybe it's increasing just because it's ATI??? Tongue

kendo Wrote:One thing to keep in mind is what graphics card you intend to use both now and (possibly) in the future. They are getting very long these days.

Hey witch Gamer-case do you have.?

Are you thinking of top quality, or were you thinking of ordinary but good performance card? From the way it sounded, I thougtht that you were thinking middle range.

Fireskull Wrote:Oh, I thought the top end stuff was getting smaller? It was until relatively recently. Maybe it's increasing just because it's ATI??? Tongue

Yeh it's probably just ATI but computing technology is starting to reach heat limits for processors and the like, unless everyone starts getting water cooling newer stuff will probably get harder and harder too cool down. I think there going to start having more then 1 proccesor on a motherboard (I think they already do).

Idk why but your comment made me think of that.....
I know I'm not that up to date with new tech I kinda fell out of the loop a couple months ago, and I know you are so if I get anything wrong I'm sure you can correct me =P, or not.

Maybe I should put in my Sig somewhere a warning about my random replies.... >.>

Fireskull Wrote:Are you thinking of top quality, or were you thinking of ordinary but good performance card? From the way it sounded, I thougtht that you were thinking middle range.

Hi Fireskull I am thinking of buying an card who is that you metion an performance card. What do you think i shall go for?
I only play IL-2 with mod :wink:

Aza-Industries Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:Oh, I thought the top end stuff was getting smaller? It was until relatively recently. Maybe it's increasing just because it's ATI??? Tongue

Yeh it's probably just ATI but computing technology is starting to reach heat limits for processors and the like, unless everyone starts getting water cooling newer stuff will probably get harder and harder too cool down. I think there going to start having more then 1 proccesor on a motherboard (I think they already do).

Idk why but your comment made me think of that.....
I know I'm not that up to date with new tech I kinda fell out of the loop a couple months ago, and I know you are so if I get anything wrong I'm sure you can correct me =P, or not.

Maybe I should put in my Sig somewhere a warning about my random replies.... >.>

Hi, Aza

It's all good here. This is a discussion in a public Forum, so all is well. Smile

My next rig will definately have extensive water cooling, if I must build it myself. I would rather have a smaller, less expensive rig with overclocked CPU and GPU rather than a much more expensive one with better performance out the box. However, we are talking about learning some skillzzzz.

If you fellas read my Topic " PC Technical Relationship to IL-2 ", then you'll see that I am presenting information to reveal how there are a bunch of other factors besides just out the box processing speed. It is possible to get better IL-2 performance from a lesser chip set. Today, I am adding more useful information in the nHancer subtopic. Big Grin

redarrows2006 Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:Are you thinking of top quality, or were you thinking of ordinary but good performance card? From the way it sounded, I thougtht that you were thinking middle range.

Hi Fireskull I am thinking of buying an card who is that you metion an performance card. What do you think i shall go for?
I only play IL-2 with mod :wink:

How much money do you have to spend on a card? 8)

Fireskull Wrote:Hi, Aza

It's all good here. This is a discussion in a public Forum, so all is well. Smile

My next rig will definately have extensive water cooling, if I must build it myself. I would rather have a smaller, less expensive rig with overclocked CPU and GPU rather than a much more expensive one with better performance out the box. However, we are talking about learning some skillzzzz.

If you fellas read my Topic " PC Technical Relationship to IL-2 ", then you'll see that I am presenting information to reveal how there are a bunch of other factors besides just out the box processing speed. It is possible to get better IL-2 performance from a lesser chip set. Today, I am adding more useful information in the nHancer subtopic. Big Grin

Yeh I shall do that some time always good to learn some more.

My processor (Core 2 Duo E8400) is 3ghz and I got it clocked to 4ghz...
When I found this to actually be stable with a decent temp I lol'd.
I think most things that slow down games are post processing effects.

Yeah, that's plenty of CPU speed. The GPU is more important for IL-2, are you talking GPU speed? Size of chache is very important next to speed of processing. However, software and internal instructions about a chip is another huge factor. This is why AMD and NVIDIA produce great IL-2 experience for less money. They really have their software support in the lead over Intel and ATI, though the latter have faster clock speeds in their chips.