P-51B/C. Is there a visual mod showing fuselage Fillet?

I'm sort of sure I remember a mod that showed the fillet on the B and C models that sits on the fuselage in-front of the Rudder to add stability (although it was visual only not a FM Mod).

I'm looking for a P-51 B/C that had the Fillet in front of the Rudder, has anyone seen one or created one? Just been looking at a few images showing the fillet and it would be of great use in the Checkertails footage I am creating

Thanks in advance for any help, cheers, MP

Hopefully you'll have received my PM by now, but the message you sent to me by PM I totally agree to your request.

Aircraft I am trying to skin after the fillet has been added:

[Image: p51itsadog.jpg]

Cheers, MP.

wait... what? fillet?

Could you be a bit more descriptive? I don't recall hearing about anything named a "fillet" in Aircraft General Knowledge class...

Edit: looked it up on wikipedia... "The fin nearly always employs a small fillet at its forward base, called a dorsal fin, which prevents a phenomenon called rudder lock."

Proper terms are better to use, as they tend to be less confusing to the non-native english speakers :wink:

[Image: walkaround_p51_b_019.jpg]

ArcticViper Wrote:wait... what? fillet?
"less confusing to the non-native english speakers"
And English speakers like me.

norm Wrote:
ArcticViper Wrote:wait... what? fillet?
"less confusing to the non-native english speakers"
And English speakers like me.

Believe it or not my dear fellows, Filet is a FRENCH term not English. Just like Fuselage and Empanage.

It was called a "Fin Fillet."

Blue Skies, Happy Landings.

-Doodle

The official nomenclature was "DFF" - Dorsal Fin Fillet. It was available as kits for B/Cs and also for early D/Ks that didn't get it at the factory.

Here's a good picture of one showing how the shape is slightly different from the DFF used on the D and K models:
http://mm04.nasaimages.org/MediaManager/...rofileid=9

Question... Why not just wait for the P-51B-15NA?

VH-Rock Wrote:Answer.... Because he needs it for his movie.

Beat me to it. 8)

Good luck with your film Mystic.

Blue Skies, Happy Landings.

-Doodle

Deac Wrote:Question... Why not just wait for the P-51B-15NA?

Even if he waited it wouldn't likely come with the dorsel fin on it. At least not as a factory original install. Any self proclaimed expert would know that. Confusedhock:

I like VH-Rock's answer best. Just 'cause.

It is actually supposed to for the sim. By thew way, good luck with the film.