[Mod] DSM - Distant Sounds Mod

Sound modification for Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946 ver. 4.09m
Mod is based on all known mods from SG2_Wasy: Sound_mod_Version_093 and SFX 06.
The consent of the author is received.
This mod is development of idea about distant sounds, which the first time offered by LOOdNO, who realized this idea in sounds of the Soviet engines. The idea consists not in just attenuation of a sound with distance as was before, its change according to acoustic laws. The distant sounds originally was planned to apply only to engines, probably, the weapons, but in the course of work something has been made besides it.

Changes:
- sounds of engines by LOOdNO are added, namely: М-62, М-82, М-105, АМ-35/38;
- the distant sounds for all types of the engines are added, all sounds were captured from video (records, films) and correspond to types of engines with rare exception (an example - BMW-801 a series, АМ-38 which does not remain);
- the most realistic sounds of the weapons are added (in my opinion), what - will hear in the course of game, to some sounds of the large-caliber weapon the metal clang (MG151, Mk108, Hispano and etc) is added ;
- the distant sounds for all types of the weapons, expressed in clicks, chirring, bumps according to caliber are added;
- the playback principle of explosions is changed, the sound varies with distance now, there is an echo;
- the wind in an open cabin is added, and it amplifies with growth of speed. Also the wind sound outside is added, it is audible only at the switched off engines in a cabin, or on exteriors from very close distance, also varies depending on speed;
- the playback principle of a sound from working propeller is processed and complicated, varies depending on a distance, and on a close distance (to 150m) it practically is not audible, is blocked by an engine sound, at fading of a sound of the engine it starts to be shown (nearby 300m), is audible on distance to 2 km. There is a bass sound (a mix of a sound of a propeller and engine), is audible far and especially well by multimotor planes;
- the exhaust sound of idling and heating (400 - 1200 rpm), which in addition varies depending on position listening concerning the plane is added. Is present on all types of piston engines and its audible in a cabin too;
- the overloaded engine howl at a long dive is added; not to confuse to siren Ju-87 which sound are similar. The engine starts to howl from excessive rotation of the propeller blades by running streams of air. This characteristic sound can be heard in many films by the damaged diving plane before blow about the earth.
- sounds of the damages, besides existing, are added and heard in a cabin too. Also the external sounds of hits different for the earth, for water and for object (the plane, the car, etc.), the metal gnash at breaking parts from the plane is taken at SAS;

Also it is necessary to notice that I tried to adjust all sounds on loudness and to range of sounding (that to tell the truth has taken away time most part) that they looked is most realistic, now you will not hear a engine sound, a sound of hit of a bullet in water or a tire scratching of the sitting down plane for 5km.

Mod was not checked on an interdiction in a local network.
Mod was not checked on compatibility with the mods adding new kinds of crafts and weapons.
Increase time at game loading, productivity falling at poor systems is possible.
This mod uses SAS Buttons v3.2.7.
For correct sounding insistently it is recommended to use options for a sound located in readme-file.

Installation:
1. Delete all soundmods, which uses before
2. Delete your Files folder
3. Put Files folder from archieve into root folder or MODS folder
4. Run game
!!Dont overwrite any files!!

Many thanks LOOdNO for idea and inspiration.
Also for assiduous testing the special gratitude is expressed to Kirill.
...and sorry for bad English

Russian version
English version - Depositfiles
English version - Rapidshare
Size 148 Mb

----------------------08.03.2010------------------------
Some small updating of my mod. Weapon sounds became louder, sounds of ААА are improved (now they too depend on distance), processing of engines sound is improved at a considerable quantity of planes, small bugs are corrected.

DSMfix - Rapidshare
Size 4.8 Mb

Just put files into your DSM folder. Overwrite coinciding files.

Also some vid with sounds of my mod:

Wind and diving effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrqYbblb-RI

Weapon and engine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G8xWDyGwX8

Explosions HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K68tG1YQk_I

Standard ntrk record with new sounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig1ocC4JJxw

Attack of Soviet airfield
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AZYRXaJ2ss

thanks mate but,could you upload it to rapidshare or somewhere else?download is very slow :?

Just installed on HSFX4.1 and man what a Change.
Fly-bys are Un-believable.
GREAT JOB!!
Thanks

I was never too hot about the HSFK 4.1 sounds, giving this a try!

So just to make sure,do i put the files folder into mods folder in hsfx 4.1 and delete old files folder?

shea1980 Wrote:So just to make sure,do i put the files folder into mods folder in hsfx 4.1 and delete old files folder?
I copyed my files folder and just pasted his ovewr mine. his button file was wrong for me had to copy and paste mine in.thats it

It goes in the mian IL-2 folder

I'm tempted to install this mod, but..

That means I have to get rid of my Files folder - which contains a few files I'm not willing to loose, but don't know which exact files they are.
So, installing this mod, probably means I might be breaking some other mods i'm running.. :?

And, how does this mod compare to Tiger33's sound mod in terms of flyby's? Smile

Eexhaton Wrote:I'm tempted to install this mod, but..

That means I have to get rid of my Files folder - which contains a few files I'm not willing to loose, but don't know which exact files they are.
So, installing this mod, probably means I might be breaking some other mods i'm running.. :?

And, how does this mod compare to Tiger33's sound mod in terms of flyby's? Smile

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COPY PRESETS AND SAMPLES TO FILES FOLDER.
I'm running it on UP2.0 and HSFX 4.1 all I did was copy "PRESETS AND SAMPLES" thats it works fine.

mnlk999 Wrote:
Eexhaton Wrote:I'm tempted to install this mod, but..

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS COPY PRESETS AND SAMPLES TO FILES FOLDER.
I'm running it on UP2.0 and HSFX 4.1 all I did was copy "PRESETS AND SAMPLES" thats it works fine.
Ah, that sounds alot better (minus the caps - no pun intended Wink )

Presets and Samples to my files folder.. i'm going to give that a try. Thanks!

I'm tempted to install this mod, but..

So, installing this mod, probably means I might be breaking some other mods i'm running..

And, how does this mod compare to Tiger33's sound mod in terms of flyby's?

How about someone making a vid of this new sound mode....thx

68Gulf

shea1980 Wrote:...could you upload it to rapidshare or somewhere else?download is very slow :?
Taste it...

These are just excerpts. If you want to read the whole take, you'll have to search it out yourself as the link would be removed. I hope this helps some people avoid problems.

Quote:[quote author=SAS~CirX link=topic=3680.msg37203#msg37203 date=1265901049]

Just once, I would like to download a 100MB+ mod that JUST IS WHAT IT SAYS, and does not try to slip a bunch of other stuff that I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT, in there too.

So, if you want to install this in any SAS, UP or HSFX game, remember to not follow the directions and DO NOT delete your files folder.

Just copy the Presets and Samples folders in this mod into your files folder (or better, but them in a dififerent folder inside your mods folder). I would not advise letting it overwrite files already there (if you have some fixes and stuff there).
Do NOT copy ANY of the classfiles over.
DO NOT copy the preload file over.
DO NOT copy the gui folder, with the ancient buttons over.
None of these things are needed for this pack to work, they are just needed to bugger up the rest of your game if you are a masochist.

Users of Tiger's Flybymods (flyby only, not the rest of the pack) and SAS pacthes will probably achieve happiness as they should not conflict, as long as you also have the SAS/UP or HSFX Sounds.SFS file in your game and in your .rc loadfile. If you dont know what I just said, and you are a succesful user of the complete SAS soundmod in SFS, or a user of HSFX or UP2.0, then dont worry, just dont change anything in your game.

I dont think all thse things are deliberate or malicious. I just think the right people are not helping him (if anyone is helping him at all).

I like it very much, listen a battle from a static camera is amazing! Tongue Thankx a lot. Otherwise i prefer the motor sounds from Tiger

Veni, vedi and installed, great mod Wink

Thanks a lot for the great Mod! :thumbsup: