Thread Closed

Modern Jet Fighters

Hey guys, I just got 2 interesting models, that are ready to be imported into il-2. I found these models online on google and have begun slowly importing them into the game. my only problem is that I don't know how to do animations and flight models. The aircraft I got are the f-18 and the f-16 and they are not more than 3000 polys each. I have already started to put the f-18 into il-2 but only gotten as far as the render for the f-16. I will show you a screenshot of the f-18 ingame, at least what I have got working

[Image: imagepyo.jpg]

And here is a render of the f-16

[Image: f16.jpg]

I know that il-2 is a wwii simulator and I really love the planes that are available in il-2 but seeing as how we are adding new il-2 aircraft, I thought this might be something new for it. If I can find some help with animations and flight models please pm me or something.

wow, owl, when u said u made an F18 for IL2 i figured you were yanking our chain...again.

i'm surprised to find out u werent and those models are stunning.

I Give Up!

I'll tell you this, almost NO ONE(including me) here will support you getting these into IL-2.

Fine, go make your mod but if you want to keep credibility, take it away from here. I'm not saying that in a mean way, but this is the SECOND modern jet we've seen today. I don't want you to be subjected to this torture.

BTW, those are some GREAT models.

This isn't photoshopped?

If it isn't then good luck. The Il-2 engine won't be able to model the flight characteristics of planes like that at all.

This is not photoshoped. I have spent my evening importing it into IL-2.

Hm, well, I think I know someone who can help:

UFO Plane Scroll down to see my Sky Captain request Big Grin

Video

It is the same person...

GeneralPsycho Wrote:It is the same person...

I know the modern jets guy, it isn't the UFO guy.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one on the entire forum who thinks this, but I'd love to see a few of these mods out there... just for fun if I want to fly around. Get it ready as soon as you can.

i might download it but not for online use only a little offline

several probs though

1st i heard some where that IL2 cant handle the speeds and the flying charicteristics of modern fighters
2nd as of this being a ww2 sim and most people want to keep it that wayyou wont find much help
im not trying to put you down go ahead and make it... maybe you will figure out a way and get them a proper FM and such but dont go expecting some one to help you with this

OK, this guy is third reincarnation of OWL - know as SILVERFISH1992 - banned from almost any forum - trying to get those in the game but will not succeed in it because of the models need to be made Il-2 compatible almost from the scratch to get moving flaps, gear ETC. And he will not be able to find a FM mechanic who would make FM for modern jet. Go get that d*mn Lock-on!

And please stop loving him modeling skills - he found those from g00gl3 as he said.

themodeler Wrote:Hey guys, I just got 2 interesting models, that are ready to be imported into il-2. I found these models online on google and have begun slowly importing them into the game. my only problem is that I don't know how to do animations and flight models. The aircraft I got are the f-18 and the f-16 and they are not more than 3000 polys each. I have already started to put the f-18 into il-2 but only gotten as far as the render for the f-16. I will show you a screenshot of the f-18 ingame, at least what I have got working

[Image: imagepyo.jpg]

And here is a render of the f-16

[Image: f16.jpg]

I know that il-2 is a wwii simulator and I really love the planes that are available in il-2 but seeing as how we are adding new il-2 aircraft, I thought this might be something new for it. If I can find some help with animations and flight models please pm me or something.

If I knew how to mod I would help you so much.
Any way I would love to see these in Il2 even if they dont have super performance or weapons.
Good Luck Big Grin

spitfire13 Wrote:several probs though

1st i heard some where that IL2 cant handle the speeds and the flying charicteristics of modern fighters

It can Wink

spitfire13 Wrote:2nd as of this being a ww2 sim and most people want to keep it that way you wont find much help

It's a flight simulator...what's wrong with having these planes in it?

SevenOfNine Wrote:
spitfire13 Wrote:several probs though

It can Wink

spitfire13 Wrote:2nd as of this being a ww2 sim and most people want to keep it that way you wont find much help

It's a flight simulator...what's wrong with having these planes in it?
Go get LOMAC if you want modern planes, boy. No reason to make modern planes in.

Closet Jet Jocks coming out of the woodwork...
Thread Closed