[MOD] 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke (fixed)

this is good! I had the 50 cal 3d smoke by holy grail and potenz before, but as you said, when shooting for too long or having a lot of 50 cals shooting together, prop and smoke textures would disappear Sad

We'll see how this performs, in the mean time can you tell us what map/texture you used for the video? It's fantastic!

A.

May i ask a question on install? I read the readme& understand making a new folder & loading the 3do included into it, but there is also an Effects folder along with the 3do folder ( of course there is an Effects folder in the 3do folder as well.What do I do with this additional effects folder,or do I load everything into the new folder on smoke effects I made?I'm sure there is a simple solution I'm just a bit confused. :???:

After several attempts I can say it not work for me on UP2.0.

Thanks, I'll take a look to that map.

Confusedhock:
As soon as I press the 20mm cannon trigger all my ammo vanishes. I have UP2.0.
Regards,
JC

i ahve a problem with hfsx 4.1,i can only fire 2 rounds and after that it says that i have no more ammo? :???:

Yes, this mod also instantly fires off all of my ammo when flying FW190A or Bf110 series aircraft.

Mod works fine with Bf109E-4 though, so it works with some planes but definitely conflicts with others.

Please look into it, as this is a great looking mod but is currently unusable for me. Thanks.

It is the same crazy time-acceleration and empty-ammo bug that happens if you fire Mk.24 markers in the P2V5 Neptune in HSFX/UP. This is caused by the 3D spiral smoke effect for the MG151, not the 2D effect by used by many other guns (including E-4's MG-FFs) in the combined mod.

Mate, what is the map, settings and mods you use......it looks awsome Tongue

....same with me, one burst of fire and then empty ....(but i don't have the acceleration bug) ....

Very strange indeed ....

I also notice the graphics of the country side.....the fields and hedge row look great,what is your source. Confusedhock:

"Out of ammo bug" using Ki-61-Hei cannons (MG-151s).
Other "gunfire effects" mods are only "Gray_curving_Smoketrail", "Benders GunFire" and "GunsmokeMod_v1.0_Mvn".

The map, as previosuly stated, is the smolensk one with the new Russian field tectures mod Tongue

As for the issues you guys are having I'm sorry. I'll test these files and see if I get the same issues but I don't think Eexhaton is on UP/HSFX and then neither am I :-? Sorry for the issues guys Wink

The cloud-mod is bee's one btw Big Grin

~S!~ Gentlemen,

1st: the main topic has been updated with the used map & cloud mod information.

2nd:
I am sorry to hear about your problems with running out of ammo.
I do not know where that problem comes from, since my mod only changes 1 .eff file the same way as HG,P&W's Uranium mod does (from a 2D effect to a 3D particle system effect).

But..

I do run UI 1.1.1 not HSFX or UP nor do I use JGSME.
The mod has been tested by both HolyGrail and Philip.ed - knowing that HG uses UP and he reported no problems during testing. - The same goes for Philip.ed.
This mod will remain beta, since it does push the IL2 game engine up and over it's limits sometimes.

During testing none of these issues showed up, so I would not know where this comes from. I'm really sorry! Sad

@Dietz: Install the mod exactly the way it comes. So do not put the additional Effects folder in the 3DO folder. That way you will mess up Philip.ed's intermittent mod. Wink
So you have this mod folder with subfolders 3DO and Effects. (and their respective subfolders, exactly the way this mod has been delivered).
I hope this makes things a bit more clear for you! Smile

@Alex T.: You are correct, this is stated in the additional info, since this mod is absolutely the limit of what the IL2 engine can do.

Here's what I can say as well.

I am on a heavily modded UI 1.2 and have had no problems with this. I'll test out these files and see if anything is weird about them, but I shouldn't think so.

The only issue I've had with this is slowdowns when having 20mm AAA guns fired at me. I get this on the crimea map from the ships. Someone correct me here, but some of the ships are clearly using this smoke-trail effect. This is not a bug, but as has been pointed out this does push the game to its limits: but the results are f***ing awesome! Big Grin

...what I don't understand (not beeing a modder myself ..) is how can a visual effect mod change the quantity of ammo ??

I use neither a pack nor JGSME is this can help solve that "bug"