[MOD] 3D German 20mm Cannon Spiralsmoke (fixed)

FZ Wrote:...what I don't understand (not beeing a modder myself ..) is how can a visual effect mod change the quantity of ammo ??

I use neither a pack nor JGSME is this can help solve that "bug"
We don't get that either, since it's only .eff files we're talking here. :lol:

But, somewhere we suspect it has something to do with the structure of the UP and HSFX mods and their respective SFS files in some of the cases.
We cannot however, reproduce any of the mentioned bugs so far.

THX for your reply Eexhaton, but don't forget that I use no pack whatsoever, then what you suspect regarding the SFS structures could be irrelevant ... :???:

FZ Wrote:THX for your reply Eexhaton, but don't forget that I use no pack whatsoever, then what you suspect regarding the SFS structures could be irrelevant ... :???:
That's why I said "in some of the cases"..

I'm just as puzzled as you at the moment. :oops:

Excellent job. I've been using philip.ed's intermittent smoke trails for a while now and this complements it very well. Thanks for your efforts, Eexhaton.

Although I did have to chuckle a bit at this statement:

Eexhaton Wrote:First of all: This mod is BETA and will remain BETA!

As a software engineer, I've never heard of a piece of software "remaining beta" permanently. When the code tweaking stops and the resulting software is released it's not beta anymore. When it's done, it's done. Semantics, maybe...but I just thought it was funny.

Again, great job.

MrMoonlight Wrote:Excellent job. I've been using philip.ed's intermittent smoke trails for a while now and this complements it very well. Thanks for your efforts, Eexhaton.

Although I did have to chuckle a bit at this statement:

Eexhaton Wrote:First of all: This mod is BETA and will remain BETA!

As a software engineer, I've never heard of a piece of software "remaining beta" permanently. When the code tweaking stops and the resulting software is released it's not beta anymore. When it's done, it's done. Semantics, maybe...but I just thought it was funny.

Again, great job.
Thankyou, MrMoonlight! 8)

And indeed you are correct, though this statement indicates that this mod will never leave this Beta Mods Download section and become published in the IL2 Mods Download section, therefore it's state will always be BETA Mod Wink
See it more as "This mod is as finished as can be within the IL2 engine *open ended* " Tongue

FZ Wrote:THX for your reply Eexhaton, but don't forget that I use no pack whatsoever, then what you suspect regarding the SFS structures could be irrelevant ... :???:

Now I'm a bit stumped :???: There must be a conflicting mod somewhere. Obviously I can't ask you to list every mod that you are using, but maybe try disabling some mods and see if that has any effect?
Are you using any other weapon mods or effects mods? Wink

I think the output of the video is HD and settings boosted video rendering effect.... I have have and had many top video cards and never seen video setting in game that good... mod is awesome great job n youtube video kicks arse...

Eexhaton Wrote:~S!~ Gentlemen,

1st: the main topic has been updated with the used map & cloud mod information.

2nd:
I am sorry to hear about your problems with running out of ammo.
I do not know where that problem comes from, since my mod only changes 1 .eff file the same way as HG,P&W's Uranium mod does (from a 2D effect to a 3D particle system effect).

But..

I do run UI 1.1.1 not HSFX or UP nor do I use JGSME.
The mod has been tested by both HolyGrail and Philip.ed - knowing that HG uses UP and he reported no problems during testing. - The same goes for Philip.ed.
This mod will remain beta, since it does push the IL2 game engine up and over it's limits sometimes.

During testing none of these issues showed up, so I would not know where this comes from. I'm really sorry! Sad

@Dietz: Install the mod exactly the way it comes. So do not put the additional Effects folder in the 3DO folder. That way you will mess up Philip.ed's intermittent mod. Wink
So you have this mod folder with subfolders 3DO and Effects. (and their respective subfolders, exactly the way this mod has been delivered).
I hope this makes things a bit more clear for you! Smile

@Alex T.: You are correct, this is stated in the additional info, since this mod is absolutely the limit of what the IL2 engine can do.

Roger , wilco- understood! I too had the 2 second burst problem when I installed it without the Effects folder that you included.Will give it another try!

The problem lies in the file "TrailCurved.eff". It is missing the line "EmitTheta".

Yes , this small error was found this morning and unless Eexhaton will
get in here to read his PM's , others will have to wait for new fixed mod release
which will be released pretty soon once Eexhaton will upload new version .

S! HG

~S!~ All!

First I got to say sorry, all seemed OK but there seems to be something messed up that I had'nt noticed yet.
I'll be putting up a fixed version up as soon as possible! :oops:

I never knew that some of those entries were so much needed. :roll:

In the meanwhile, hang on, for the ones that have this mod up&running without a hitch - please enjoy it.
For the ones that have trouble, please disable it and have a little patience. Smile (And in the meanwhile, enjoy your IL2 temporarily without my mod)

~S!~ & Regards,

Eexhaton

possible to add this line ourselves?

edit: added EmitTheta 1.0 and now it works. is this all that was needed? what does the line do and what does the value after it do?

akdavis Wrote:The problem lies in the file "TrailCurved.eff". It is missing the line "EmitTheta".

Thankyou sir! Big Grin

You very well may add the line yourself ofcourse Smile

In any case; a special thanks to AKDavis and HG for pointing me in the right direction!
I'll be having a fixed link up later today. Smile

I don't understand why some can't wait a bit for the fix by risking to add wrong entry in to effect file .

@ aviatorsneah
It should be EmitTheta 0.0 0.0

S! HG