Need more opinions on Dual core

So, my problem is:

would replacing my old P4 3,0 GHz by new Dual Core E6300 2,8 GHz on these components:

MBO: ASROCK 4COREDUAL-VSTA ( found bios that WILL support dual core E6300 )
CPU: P4 3,0 GHz
VGA: GYGABITE HD4670 1GB
RAM: 2GB DDR2
PSU: LC POWER 600W

.....have any noticeable effect on IL2 performance? Would it increase fps and would it feel more smoother?
I get around 30 fps on Slovakia map and i would like more...and there is also some
GODDAMN stuttering that i would like to get rid of...

You should overclock that puppy. I run an old P4 Cedarwood 3.2 overclocked to 4.2 with a Zalman heatpipe cooler and get pretty acceptable performance with IL2.

Ok, but wouldn`t Dual Core E6300 give me better performance even than overclocked P4?

BOYAN Wrote:Ok, but wouldn`t Dual Core E6300 give me better performance even than overclocked P4?
not in IL2, its not multithread

As mentioned in the other thread, your bios will not support Pentium Dual core E6300. Your bios will support the C2D E6300 which is 1.86GHZ.

If you do decide to purchase the processor, there will world of difference between the pentium. C2D architecture is much more efficient. You can put all your OS processes in one core and dedicated the second core to gaming.

Not entirely true.

Modern Pentium architecture is actually the same as the Core 2 architecture. The primary differences between the two lie almost solely in the amount of cache available for processes to utilise. Thus, a modern Pentium will have similar performance to a similarly clocked Core 2 Duo. When you start straining it, the Core 2 will shine because it can store more data on-die than the Pentium can, thereby reducing the latency that results when the CPU calls on and stores data in the RAM. This is further exacerbated by the need for a separate memory controller on all Intel CPU-based motherboards with an LGA 775 or older socket. AMD platforms and Intel platforms with LGA 1366 or 1156 sockets have memory controllers on-die with the CPU, so it takes less time for data to travel.

genbrien Wrote:
BOYAN Wrote:Ok, but wouldn`t Dual Core E6300 give me better performance even than overclocked P4?

You can run multi-cores; I'm going it right now with my dual-core Tongue

philip.ed Wrote:
genbrien Wrote:

I didnt said that you cant use both core, I said there is no more than one thread :wink:

Personnally I run it on core 3 and 4 of my Q9550

genbrien Wrote:
philip.ed Wrote:
genbrien Wrote:

I didnt said that you cant use both core, I said there is no more than one thread :wink:

Personnally I run it on core 3 and 4 of my Q9550

Stupid me :oops: LOL Tongue

I found bios that will support dual core E6300.

Can i please have an answer here?

Will i get more fps and smoothness?

BOYAN Wrote:I found bios that will support dual core E6300.

Well, the processor is certainly a lot better. So it should do Wink

BOYAN Wrote:I found bios that will support dual core E6300.

Definite yes.