I think I messed things up pretty bad

Hello

I have IL2 1946 for steam and wanted to be able to fly the other aircraft so I downloaded all 8 of the files for the Unified installer 1.1. I followed the steps in the "INSTALLATION WARNINGS" box (made a new folder, deleted mods, files folder etc). So when I start the installation it asks me if I want to replace certain files because they already exist, so I click yes and see everything going by (sound files, planes). Then when the installation bar is almost full, in red text it says "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged".

please help Sad

Hi

I think this is because this downloaded file is corrupt, try redownload it Smile Remember that for steam version there

I have IL-2 for steam too, but first off you shouldn't download UI 1.1 and you should download HSFX 4.1 or UP 2.0 because they are much better. We have all messed up an install so i say, you can either delete il-2 from your steam folder to reinstall, and yes, it will still be able to install again, no need to rebuy, or you could spend lots of time trying to fix it. Don't know about you, but a 30 min reinstall sounds a lot better to me.

Hope this helps a bit.

armydan Wrote:I have IL-2 for steam too, but first off you shouldn't download UI 1.1 and you should download HSFX 4.1 or UP 2.0 because they are much better. We have all messed up an install so i say, you can either delete il-2 from your steam folder to reinstall, and yes, it will still be able to install again, no need to rebuy, or you could spend lots of time trying to fix it. Don't know about you, but a 30 min reinstall sounds a lot better to me.

Hope this helps a bit.

Oh alright thanks, all I want is to be able to fly all aircraft, is 'HSFX 4.1' the same thing? and should I download the 4.08 version, or 4.09 (my version says its 4.08m)

Sorry but this is pretty confusing

Hi TankCat,

HSFX4.1 is much newer and has LOADS AND LOADS more planes, maps, and other goodies. I would STRONGLY recommend downloading it. There is a patch for it called HSFX4.11.

Hope this helps,
liamp51

Before you install ANY mods! Get the 4.09 official patch.
Then do as you will, and yes, HSFX and UP have pretty much all the planes available right now.

One thing everyone is forgetting to tell you.......

You may need the patch for guys that downloaded the game from the net. ie.. direct2drive, steam, etc.

This may help....

(The link is inoperative)

Hope this helps.

S!

Alrightey

Im downloading 1946, and 4.09 patch as we speak. I just have 2 very last questions

1) How exactly do I proceed with after I have downloaded 4.09 patch since I have steam, does it guide me through install?
2) same question, but for the HSFX4.1 install.

Thanks everybody for being patient and helpful!

Im sorry but all these downloads are just really overwhelming, isnt there just one thing I can download to be able to fly all aircraft?