Thread Closed

FM of P51

Does the UP2 have the remodelled P51's? The reason I ask is becuse after installing UP2 and flying the old P51 I feel like a novice again,
or at least as bad as on the obsolescent FM's.

There is a BIG thread on this.
The reason the planes feel different is that UP has changed some to flight models.

Some for the better and some worse.
Use the Search and make your own conclusion.

I for one, will only fly HSFX unless I have to use UP for a certain task.

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]

Whatever the case, that hideous snap-roll even at high-altitude never ceases to bewilder and frustrate me when flying the P-51.

I use UP 2.0m since I'm an offliner, so can any you HSFX users tell me if that problem is as bad on HSFX as it is in UP2.0m?

Actually the snap roll the 51 does is accurate. WWII pilots became quite adept at exploiting this to their advantage by executing a quick snap roll in combination with a rudder kick to flip around on an enemy's 6oc position in the blink of an eye.

Though I fly through the valley of death, I will fear no evil.....
For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

[Image: JollySignature.jpg]

go to sas1946.com and download there buttons file that shood fix the problems

ok thanks I will try the SAS buttons file. (though it does seem strange a new buttons file being ready so soon).
I have to say the snap roll has not been the problem, its more the difficulty keeping the nose heading, I have to trim severly
which I never used to. In a dogfight situation it becomes nearly impossible.

{HVY-E}Jinxx Wrote:Actually the snap roll the 51 does is accurate. WWII pilots became quite adept at exploiting this to their advantage by executing a quick snap roll in combination with a rudder kick to flip around on an enemy's 6oc position in the blink of an eye.

It's not the snaproll itself as much as it is the conditions it occurs in. I can be moving at 300mph at 7500m and try to make a very slight left bank, and it snaprolls to the right. To my knowledge, that should not happen.

Axial Wrote:try to make a very slight left bank, and it snaprolls to the right. To my knowledge, that should not happen.

Technically that shouldn't happen.

every stock craft has kept its own stock name

craft with a custom FM/DM are recognizable with a proper mark in their name

We try to be the pack that stays where possible to most true to the default game parameters with all these. In the case of FM's we realise that some modmakers may feel very proprietary about their FM's, and may feel slighted if we change these or edit them for the UP pack. It is important for them to understand that this is not a personal attack, it is simply that we have our pack here, and we include the best FM's we can find or make for all planes. We do no different that the pack makers at 242, or at Histomod, or at Nullwars, or C6 , or Aviaskins. All these guys will change FMs to suit their idea of what is best for them. And none of them, including us, profess to have the ultimate best most accurate FMs for all planes. We are all working hard at it, and we feel we are good and are improving, which is I think the most one can ask. This is not some FM history competition here. It is just our best efforts for our own pack.

regards
d.

Here here Radar. We all have to respect the individual modders choices when making mods and putting together a pack. There is no right or wrong answer to this debate; just the simple answer than when choosing a mod-pack or choosing which FM's you want, it is your own decision on which you prefer and that is all that matters when making your choice Big Grin

Hi all,

Well said!

As a counter point, I use bothe HSFX/UP2.01 and do compare FMs at times. With UP 2.10, I have not had the '51 snap problem, in fact the 51B and D is easier now for my technique. I modded my hardware unput to suit the new FMs and it works with both HSFX and UP.

I use a Thrustmaster T.1600.

Jack

tater718 Wrote:Let's look beyond all of the graphs and numbers for a moment (...)

Ok... remember that its opinions and tastes of each pilot, not hard facts.

tater718 Wrote:(...)
Show me papers and graphs and whatever...It still isn't right.

Whats this? Now you want facts? :roll:

You have to see that what we do in IL2 is beyond what WW2 pilots did, we push the envolope quite often and for many seconds, they couldn't (G force) and wouldn't (fear of death), perhaps at that level P51's would still fly like a charm, with flowers and stuff.

And BTW this is off topic in this particular thread.

yep, keep it civil gents Wink We're all entitled to our opinions, so don't rebuke eachother for it Big Grin

Am i saying something wrong?

I'm baffled to see tater718 disregarding actual data and then asking for data after is inicial opinion expression.

And that: Facts =/ opinions,feelings,tastes.
Better yet, the space formed by opinions,feelings,tastes is contained in the space formed by facts.

So, opinions,feelings,tastes already present us with some info but they don't tell us the whole thruth.

i don't discuss FM/DM for different reasons.

i just bring the testimoniance from one of our RA General survived comrades who has been pilot over the world conflicts and recently leaved us for better place (RiP)

there have been occasions where the customization of each pilot aircraft
made graphs and statistic have a range of interpretation wider and wider

by example between several Macchis of the same model, in real hangar
there were several differences affecting craft's FM:
different pieces, different materials, different measures ....
things you won't never find listed in a historical report nor painted in a graphic even if corresponding to the reality

its like as frankerplanes bornt a while before the sim

i don't need/pretend you to keep my words as the only TRUTH of course
we're so many people with so many different lived experiences its pretty impossible make a database of Wink

i'm happy to see there can be several interpretations, so pilots can do their sim choices
i like the fact the stock sim content is still available for comparisons too
i don't like the fact the stock sim has been splitted/cutout from some releases (but its only my personal taste opinion, everyone is free to agree with or not)

i don't like to debate about FM correctness instead of personal taste/feeling
i'm kindly sure everyone can keep a straight honorous conduct keeping in mind we're talking about a videogame and share our opinions without start an handbags fight

i'm simply against trusted computing

peacefully regards
d.

NO1984 Wrote:Trust is the PERSONAL believe in correctness of someone or something
its the deep personal convinction of truth and rightness, and can not be enforced.

If you gain someone trust, you have estabilished an interpersonal relationship, based on communication, shared values and experiences.

TRUST always depends on mutuality.
Thread Closed