problem:Il2 (and others) reduced to taskbar

Hello everyone! I have a problem: when I play IL2 OR ANY OTHER GAME, randomly, in the midst of the action I have reduced the game to the taskbar. Not a major problem (I only play off line) but I can not figure out how to eliminate the problem.I have xpSP2, avg virus scan CCleaner, defragmented disk.no internet connexion on this hard drive. My spec: Core i7920, nvidia gtx 295 driver 195.62, audio creative,6gig ram ddr3, mouse+keyb wireless logitech, freetrack, saitek cyborg evo force+pro pedal, wheel g25 logitech.I play il2 U.P. 2.0 or AAA1.2 but is not important (same problem with Gtr2,gtl,OO7 quantum of solace). Can someone help me?Thanks AAA Big Grin

Virus scanning programs were the bad guys for me concerning this problem, especially Avira Antivir which just ignores my setting of only updating once a week... try to shut down your antivirus program (shouldn't be a problem offline) and see if it works.

in this hd i don't have antivirus.I don't know if i have a driver conflict (Logitech-Saitek p.ex.) or a malware not recognised. By the way thanks :wink:

el bradipo Wrote:...I have ... avg virus scan ...

Sorry. I have two hd no raid, two separate windows xp, one with avg utility program and modem drivers, and one only with games (and drivers for joysticks )without antivirus and modem internet. I download mods at work, copy and paste with memory pen (scan avg) because at home i don't have internet fast speed.

Then something else running in background is suddenly taking focus.
Watch Task Manager, and maybe you can spot it when it happens.

Could be Windows Update, or some other program trying to check for updates or do something.

J99Eingehirner Wrote:Virus scanning programs were the bad guys for me concerning this problem, especially Avira Antivir which just ignores my setting of only updating once a week... try to shut down your antivirus program (shouldn't be a problem offline) and see if it works.

Hello, guys

Closing the antimalware might reveal if it is causing this, however it is risky. Some malware are waiting for this opportunity. Also, if something bad is in development within the computer, then being offline won't stop it.

Shut antimalware at your own risk.

AVG has given some IL-2 lovers quite the headache that other defense programs don't. It might be time for a new defense. Keep AVG until you find better.

Some guys accidentally and unknowingly push the Windows key while in IL-2. This would certainly reduce the sim to the Task Bar. I've done it myself a few times. The Windows key is of course usually found between the ctrl and the alt keys at the bottom row of keys. I have seen it in other spots on some keyboards.

I hope this helps.

Ok, i check now for some auto-update....thanks

Quote:Some guys accidentally and unknowingly push the Windows key while in IL-2. This would certainly reduce the sim to the Task Bar. I've done it myself a few times. The Windows key is of course usually found between the ctrl and the alt keys at the bottom row of keys. I have seen it in other spots on some keyboards.
Hehe... for exactly this reason I have removed the left Windows key as well as the Capslock key from my keyboard Wink I kept the right one though, sometimes you still need it...

Yes,but the problem is when i play also with joystick, without press any key of the keyboard...the problem is more likely due to some auto-update...unless the keypress corresponds to a reduction in very delayed in time Big Grin thanks to all

El Bradipo,

Good day.

I have absolutely everything that used to be automatic in manual now. You name it: updates, scans, computer health check... all manual now. I do them all manually like a religion when not in IL-2.

Nut'nz gonna stop me IL-2 fun - nut'n! :wink:

Yes, the best solution... problem maybe solved (i hope...).Now test for one week.Thanks fireskull and all.Good wings Big Grin