[MapMod] GW Summer Norway V2 re-textured map: final release.

After having re-textured Winter Norway (within GW Winter mapspack) I've done summer map using Mixx great nordic texs and the map_T I made for my winter map. I also added an ed_map_T to allow navigation in larger fjords.

[Image: 730365NORV_04.jpg]

DOWNLOAD : http://gillesbabin.perso.neuf.fr/fichie ... mmerV2.zip

GW NORWAY SUMMER V2 INSTALLATION.

Nomore mod needed BEFORE installation, Required Mixx textures are included into this package (but not ALL of them)

1-Unzip into your game folder
2-Add in your maps list (all.ini) :
Norway_Summer_GW Norway/GS_load.ini

If you use UP 2.0, MODS must be activated : delete "-" before it.
If you already have Mixx Zapolar map installed, the unzip process may ask you to erase some files, answer "yes" because files were not altered.

New in this V2 release :
-A few cultivated fields are now visible in Scotland and south Norway
-All required textures are included
-I also provided a modified GW_load.ini to allow ships to navigate in fjords in the GW winter Norway map.

AKNOWLEDGEMENTS & CREDITS : Mixx for his great nordic textures & also Compans one.

EDIT :
A little fix for Banff runways bumpiness :

http://gillesbabin.perso.neuf.fr/fichiers/NorwayFix.zip

INSTALLATION :
1- Activate MODS folder if needed
2- Unzip the file in your game folder

NB
It also updates all versions of this map.
Bumpiness of taxiways & parkings is not changed, just go slow there Wink

beautiful map and next summer i to make love in fiord Big Grin i hope integrated in HFX.great job my friend

FEDJA Wrote:beautiful map and next summer i to make love in fiord Big Grin i hope integrated in HFX.great job my friend
:oops:
Notty Notty! This is WW2 combat sim, no SIM life!!
Beautifull map. Can't wait the Italy... It is Da place for making love.. LOL
kap

DL:ed and it is working OK! This is nothing to do with Gilb's texturing, but Southern Norway has more woods and higher mountains. This is lookin more like Top of the Scandinavia.
Anyways! Great addition! And 1000 better than original textures.
Kap

Excellent work thank you. As for making love a glen in the rockies with a small pond during sunset.

Is there any way that you can enjoy this map in QMB? And, I have just one more question. I have Ultra Pack 2.0n installed, and according to your instructions, you just unzip this into the "game" folder. If I try and install it, do I point it directly at the MODS folder (without the "-" of course), or is it not quite that simple. The U.P. thing has kinda confused me since I started using it. If I look in the game/MODS/Mapmods/Maps folder how, the only one I see in there is Norway. Is this correct? When I say confused, that is probably an understatement. Maybe someone can give me some guidance. Lord knows, I need it. Thank you for any advice/info.

Hi,

The simpliest way to add it to QMB is to replace default map with mine... juste rename my GS_load.ini into load.ini (after having saved it if present).

I also have UP 2.0 :
All moded new maps are now into sfs files, and ...invisible :wink:
You'll have to activate -MODS folder by renaming it MODS.
After that, you may install my pack and it should work fine .

Hello GilB57,

Thanks for this beautiful new version of the Norway map. I installed it and it is working fine. I especially like the new feature of ships now being able to navigate the fjords. I wrote a campaign for the FW-190 torpedo plane, based on the standard Norway map. I would like to replace the old standard Norway map in my campaign with your new map. Rather than re-writing all missions, is it possible to open the mission files in notepad and swap out the old map-load command for a new command with your map name in it?

I use IL-2-1946 4.09b1m with UI 1.0 plus SAS buttons.

Thanks for your help,

RB

Yes you can :wink:

[2nd line]
MAP Norway/GS_load.ini

GilB57 Wrote:Hi,

The simpliest way to add it to QMB is to replace default map with mine... juste rename my GS_load.ini into load.ini (after having saved it if present).

I also have UP 2.0 :
All moded new maps are now into sfs files, and ...invisible :wink:
You'll have to activate -MODS folder by renaming it MODS.
After that, you may install my pack and it should work fine .

I warned you guys I wasn't very smart. I just need a little clarification. I can do the rename (I think), but the "(after having saved it if present)", I don't understand. What are you telling me I should save? Is it the all.ini file located in MODS/MapMods/Maps folder? And, can you tell me why this is necessary? Please believe me, I'm not trying to be difficult, it's just that by understanding more, I don't have to embarrass myself further by asking the same questions over and over. Thank you for your help and patience. Smile

Hi Bob.. just to clarify a little. In my maps folder, (within the MAPMODS folder), I have all my different versions of the Norway map. I've located them in the folder 'Norway'..
In that folder I have a file called 'load', (its will say configuration settings greyed out under 'load') that gives me the default Norway map in QMB..
To get GilB57's version to show up in its place in the QMB, is to rename his 'load ini' (GS_load) simply to load.. that's it.
All you have to do is remember to back up, (make copies) of those two files and put them somewhere safe in your system, just in case it doesn't work and you can then return everything to normal again!
Hope you get it working..

This looks beautiful; looking forward to giving it a test. Big Grin

Trooper117 Wrote:Hi Bob.. just to clarify a little. In my maps folder, (within the MAPMODS folder), I have all my different versions of the Norway map. I've located them in the folder 'Norway'..
In that folder I have a file called 'load', (its will say configuration settings greyed out under 'load') that gives me the default Norway map in QMB..
To get GilB57's version to show up in its place in the QMB, is to rename his 'load ini' (GS_load) simply to load.. that's it.
All you have to do is remember to back up, (make copies) of those two files and put them somewhere safe in your system, just in case it doesn't work and you can then return everything to normal again!
Hope you get it working..

Thank you very much for your clarification. I also have the Norway folder. I just wasn't sure what it was supposed to be doing. I guess my big problem (among quite a few others) is - I was to the point awhile ago that I kinda understood what I was doing, Unified Installer wise, then in my wisdom (ha ha) I changed over to the Ultra Pack. Well, now I don't have a clue. That is why I rely so heavily on you kind folks. Y'all continue to help us old and computer dumb guys, and you don't even fuss at us for being that way. Thanks again. I'm gonna give it a shot.

GilB57 Wrote:Yes you can :wink:

[2nd line]
MAP Norway/GS_load.ini

Thanks, GilB57. That's what I did and it worked like a charm. Your new map really made me get back into my old campaign again.

Big Grin

Regards,

RB

excellent travail jevous remercie