Anisotropic filtering 16x
Excellent settings plus Perfect landscape
Res: 1280x960
Anything I'm missing out?
(System: OS win2k sp4
GeForce 7800GS
Athlon XP 2500+)

HardwareShaders=1

Makes the Water=4 look totally beautiful. I'm sure it does other stuff as well, but the water enhancement ws noticable.

walter_solito Wrote:http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=22314
I use a desktop computer.

why not antialiasing on 16x?

Aurora Wrote:
walter_solito Wrote:http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=22314
I use a desktop computer.

The solution in that topic aren't only for laptop!!

There is actually a Water=5 if you have nVidia graphics. It adds whitecaps to the water.

For VideoSetupID, I think you want it at 3, since that's the indicator for th GeForce 6800 and the 7800 is just an extension of the 6800 series.

Also, he won't want to do 16x antialiasing. The 7800GS is the AGP version of the 7800 series, and so it has lower bandwidth. It also doesn't have that much memory, so cranking AA won't do anything to help the inevitable IL-2 stuttering he will experience. I know, since my system is pretty much the same but with an Athlon 64 3200+ and a PCI-Express 7800GT.

Sigh. Water 5 is non existing. The white caps that you are talking about are added in water 3. Oleg even said himself back at ubiforums that water 5 is non existing.

Water=5 adds sharks and dolphins there.

GeneralPsycho Wrote:Sigh. Water 5 is non existing. The white caps that you are talking about are added in water 3. Oleg even said himself back at ubiforums that water 5 is non existing.

That's interesting; I wish you'd said that before! Wink

Axial Wrote:For VideoSetupID, I think you want it at 3,...
Why? 4 looks much better. It runs just as smooth as on 3. But I have another problem. Since i started messing around with Anisotropic filetring, AA and all the stuff u couldn't set IN the game itself there has been a strange black circle or "ring" on the water.
Inside the circle the sun is reflected, outside of it it isn't. The circle appears underneath the aircraft. There's no circle on land. Thats really strange...
And another thing: Does every computer moniter support HD? I tried to set Res to 1920x1050 but all it did was dramatically increase the screen size of the game so that right half and bottom half were cut off. Help???

Aurora Wrote:Inside the circle the sun is reflected, outside of it it isn't. The circle appears underneath the aircraft. There's no circle on land. Thats really strange...
And another thing: Does every computer moniter support HD? I tried to set Res to 1920x1050 but all it did was dramatically increase the screen size of the game so that right half and bottom half were cut off. Help???
The black circle with perfect water is an old video driver bug. Try some newer, or diffferent drivers.
No not all monitors support HD resolutions. You can only go up to native res for your flat panel monitor.

8FS_Bulau Wrote:The black circle with perfect water is an old video driver bug. Try some newer, or diffferent drivers.
No not all monitors support HD resolutions. You can only go up to native res for your flat panel monitor.
I have got the latest video card drivers! And I've been thinking of buying a new Monitor anyway so could someone tell me wich ones support HD(Preferbly a Fujitsu Siemens)?

Aurora Wrote:I have got the latest video card drivers! And I've been thinking of buying a new Monitor anyway so could someone tell me wich ones support HD(Preferbly a Fujitsu Siemens)?
Then try some older drivers...I used to have that card, but can't recall which drivers got rid of the black circle...it was at least a year ago.

HD resolution is 1920x1080, so any monitor that does that or greater (e.g. 1920x1200) will dispaly HD.

Aurora Wrote:
8FS_Bulau Wrote:The black circle with perfect water is an old video driver bug. Try some newer, or diffferent drivers.
I have got the latest video card drivers! And I've been thinking of buying a new Monitor anyway so could someone tell me wich ones support HD(Preferbly a Fujitsu Siemens)?

I assume you mean "full HD"?

Anything that is 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 can support HD. Full HD is defined as a resolution of 1920x1080, so the latter screen resolution supports it, but actually has more pixels to use in the vertical space.

Basically, when looking for an HD monitor, look for 1920x1080 or higher. I can't really throw suggestions out because Fujitsu-Siemens is a European brand not found here in the USA. :wink:

So is a 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 monitor in average bigger than a "normal one" (mine is 45cm diagonal)?