[Map] Truk Lagoon V3.3 (Final)

Map tested with HSFX 4.1 and UP 2.01!

Many thanks to Kevinp and his smart book that has saved me from historic missteps (I hope),
and once again Bombsaway, who had made the beautiful shallow water textures for this map!

[Image: 88768294dcba2fb6997cd3e9dcec3eb45c934e94...bd545g.jpg]

[Image: 557f0c1d4c8d6ca34ccb1b2172c8675f5g.jpg]

[Image: 4dd940a3b804bf5df81df5c7f706b6f1143e2849...f2275g.jpg]

[Image: 02e2c5c078f1febf867fa7bdb79d9d725g.jpg]

[Image: 0b41cb4fd2c51758173d05388d347add5g.jpg]

Download:http://www.mediafire.com/?9iacggn2rjr1x94

Thanks!

screenies indicate moving ships? awesome. let the insane run to the exits commence

beautifull!! thanks! Tongue

Looks gorgeous, thanks a lot !

Map looks good.

Only problem that I can see is that in the FMB you have to zoom 3/4 to almost all the way in just to see many of the smaller islands, the reefs and the openings through the reefs. This makes it hard to place objects and their way points when you are in that close. An example would be Tarawa, you don't have to zoom in as far to start seeing the reefs. Hope I explained this right.

-)-MAILMAN-

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Map looks good.

Only problem that I can see is that in the FMB you have to zoom 3/4 to almost all the way in just to see many of the smaller islands, the reefs and the openings through the reefs. This makes it hard to place objects and their way points when you are in that close. An example would be Tarawa, you don't have to zoom in as far to start seeing the reefs. Hope I explained this right.

Hi,
I see!
As a first help, disable the ed_m03.tga file in the load.ini file of the map!

Change the line:

[MAP2D]
;map_ed.tga
ed_m03.tga
ed_m02.tga
ed_m01.tga

to

[MAP2D]
;map_ed.tga
;ed_m03.tga
ed_m02.tga
ed_m01.tga

Hope it helps!

Awesome. Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Can't say anything more.

Lonestar Wrote:
-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:Map looks good.

Hi,
I see!
As a first help, disable the ed_m03.tga file in the load.ini file of the map!

Change the line:

[MAP2D]
;map_ed.tga
ed_m03.tga
ed_m02.tga
ed_m01.tga

to

[MAP2D]
;map_ed.tga
;ed_m03.tga
ed_m02.tga
ed_m01.tga

Hope it helps!

Still can't see the reef or small islands until you get to 3D map mode after editing and saving the load.ini so it is the same as prior to the edit. You only see the words for the different openings to the lagoon.

-)-MAILMAN-

Quote:Still can't see the reef or small islands until you get to 3D map mode after editing and saving the load.ini so it is the same as prior to the edit. You only see the words for the different openings to the lagoon.

Oh, now I understand!
you can not see the reefs in this view, because I have not added them into the above files!
Sorry, I did not made that out of convenience! Maybe I make it later!

Hi,
Small update of the map!
I've reworked the 2D map, so you can see the reefs and small islands!
I have also fixed a few anomalies of water in some parts and changed a few items!

This is a very nice-looking map. Well done, and thanks!

:cheers:

Lonestar Wrote:Hi,
Small update of the map!
I have also fixed a few anomalies of water in some parts and changed a few items!

Redownload and install the map or do I edit things?

-)-MAILMAN-

-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:
Small update of the map!

Hi,
Better redownload the map!

@dunkelgrun
Thanks,dunkelgrun!

Lonestar Wrote:
-)-MAILMAN- Wrote:
Small update of the map!

Hi,
Better redownload the map!

@dunkelgrun
Thanks,dunkelgrun!

Had downloaded the map before my post. Decided to install the new version last night before getting Lonestar's and your reply. Thanks for the quick response none the less.

-)-MAILMAN-

I have some obstacles to install this map.
I don't have all.ini in my Mods\MapMods\Maps\ folder. Whaen I creat it and put inot it required line of text than I can't open any map in FMB.

How can I install this map ?