Enemy not Shooting back in QMB, Please help

Hello

When I create a quick mission, for exmaple Corsairs vs Zero's. Specifically the Am5c, they won't shoot back, but follow you as if they will. I have seen this with few other planes as well. I can see when I click on Customize that there is no armamant info at the bottom to set the ammount of ammo, is there a problem with these aircraft files. Although the Zero AM5a also has no armament configuration at the bottom but they do shoot back.

Can anyone help me diagnose the issue. I am useing UI1.2

Thanks,
G

Have they shot at you before? The AI is rather careless with it's use of sparse ammo...

Have you installed mods or buttons files lately? You seem to have something wrong. The AI sprays whenever you are in their sights.

I have UI 1.2 installed. Nothing else

Have you made any changes to your installation lately?

I added some maps to QMB, i think, a while back, that is it. Will this have an effect on aircraft?

Blitzkrieg101 Wrote:I added some maps to QMB, i think, a while back, that is it. Will this have an effect on aircraft?
Should not have.

Is there perhaps a possibility to download someones working modded directory of the game? I have tried resintalling ect... but I am always running into some issue or other.

Or put on a dvd?, I am willing to pay for the costs to, I am that desperate...

Please if anyone can help me out I will be much obliged.

Thank you in advance,
G

Are any of the AI planes shooting back? Do you have that problem just with "normal" planes or with modded ones, too? Have you checked that your AI planes aren't set to "Empty" in the QMB menu?

Just a few ideas what else (besides your install) might be wrong... you said the A5Ma shoots back... hmm.

I cannot set the ammo as the options are not there at all...some planes do, however some don't, the latest versions of the Zero for example, there are some other but I cannot recall which ones right now.

I cannot set the ammo as the options are not there at all...some planes do, however some don't, the latest versions of the Zero for example, there are some other but I cannot recall which ones right now.

Might sound strange - but are your paint schemes folders named correctly for these planes? I once had the problem that I also couldn't configure planes where the paint folder had an additional dash or something.

The paintscheme folders looks good.

I experimented more and found the following:

- Enemy planes are reluctant to fire in headon approaches. The do when they get pretty close on your tail: 500 meters or so...

As when I fly we normally end up in head on approaches or never try to get them to close on my tale.

It seems there might be a difference in their aggressiveness when changing their skill level.

I just though that rookie pilots will take shots from farther away.

The AI seems very conservative with taking shots... but they are shooting.

Thanks for all the help and comments. I will experiment futher