Canonuk English Channel map - can't save

Downloaded and installed the Canonuk English Channel map, ran Il2 1946, loaded up the FMB and opened up the Summer 1940-1941 Canon channel map. Then placed a few waypoints and went to fly the mission, only to find that it wouldn't save...
I also downloaded the Fighterboys campaign before i downloaded the Channel map, so i tried a mission from that campaign which uses the Canonuk Channel map to see if it would work. It did...
So the Map seems to run fine but it just wont save.
Any suggestions as to why it wont save + any fixes?

It means you're missing an object. Do a seach for the static.ini checker tool here and run that to see what object/objects you're missing.

Joe

Thanks for the reply but the file appears to have been removed in all the links I have tried, such as:
http://www.filefront.com/14463009/CANEn ... hecker.zip

burlaff Wrote:Downloaded and installed the Canonuk English Channel map, ran Il2 1946, loaded up the FMB and opened up the Summer 1940-1941 Canon channel map. Then placed a few waypoints and went to fly the mission, only to find that it wouldn't save...
I also downloaded the Fighterboys campaign before i downloaded the Channel map, so i tried a mission from that campaign which uses the Canonuk Channel map to see if it would work. It did...
So the Map seems to run fine but it just wont save.
Any suggestions as to why it wont save + any fixes?

I answered similar someplace else, but here goes again, for what it is worth. I had the same problems saving missions in campaigns such as Fighterboys. I wasn't smart enough to fix it, even with some expert help and recommendations, so I just figured I'd have to live with it. Then I did the fresh install, Ultra Pack 2.0n thing, and all works fine now. Missions save, all seems to run better. Just my experience, certainly not a suggestion of any sort. I ain't smart enough for that. Big Grin

hmm... I think i might start again - reinstall Unified installer 1.1 etc - so i can make sure everything is in the right place + seeing as though a can't download the static ini checker....

Is there a reason why you prefer the UI 1.1 to HSFX? If you install HSFX you will have the channel maps already installed for you.

thanks I didn't know that. I'll have to try HSFX instead then, does it come with the full Canonuk channel maps?

HSFX 4.11 includes two versions of the full size maps; 1940-41 and 1942-45 done in both summer and winter textures for a total of 4 maps. Since HSFX 4.11 was released, newer textures have come out to improve some of the airfields as well as to add both spring and fall seasons. These are included in UI version 2.01, and should also be included in the next version of HSFX, which should come out sometime after the next official patch, which is due out very soon.