Biscay map 1:1

Agracier and No. 310/311 Czechoslovak virtual squadron present you new Map of Biscay

Scale is 1:1 (350x460 sqkm) including soutwestern coast of England and western coast of France (from Cherbourg to La Rochelle), 180 towns and cities, 10 large harbours, plenty of small ports, 18 airfields (predannack, perranporth, bodmin, harrowbeer, exeter, okehampton, warmwell, ibsley, beaulieu, cherbourg east and west, StMalo Dinard, Lannion, Morlaix, Brest, Rennes, Vannes, Nantes)

Let us thank mkubani, cannon and all others for using their objects while populating the map.

Download link:
Quote:http://www.mediafire.com/?jmgk1j0zmin

HSFX installation:
Extract the Biscay.rar to MODS/mapmods/maps folder in your HSFX installation. Add this line to all.ini which is in Files/maps directory:
Quote:Biscay Biscay/load.ini

work took over 6 months to do.
We hope you will enjoy flying over Biscay
311_Tjurma, 311_Rampa, 310_Crowley + AGRACIER

I haven't checked it yet but man - I love You ! Big Grin

Hi mates!

This is a GREAT map!!!

Every action here is a love for histoical mission maker and for a lot of sub warfare fan too!!!!

If I should say a thanks for every time you need I should fullfill the whole site!!!

So read this THANKS like the biggest I can give you!!!!

cheers

walter

SEMPER INCOMMODUS

Great looking map.
Thanks for all your hard work.

Ashe

Big and very very nice map!!!

Thanks

btw: thought you might care to see the FMB map, to get an idea of what area is covered.

[img][Image: BiscayFMBsmall.jpg][/img]

I appreciate this effort a lot, especially seeing that I couldn't pull it off myself.

Yet I have one question, why did you leave out Bordeaux? It was the main hub for all operations of the long range Luftwaffe activities in the Bay.

Nice choice of area for a map, but did you guys melt the ice caps or something? Half of England and France has been flooded!

:cheers:

Zorin Wrote:I appreciate this effort a lot, especially seeing that I couldn't pull it off myself.

Yet I have one question, why did you leave out Bordeaux? It was the main hub for all operations of the long range Luftwaffe activities in the Bay.

Well, i cant answer cause i dont know exactly, agracier made for us the basic map and i think that it was 311_Rampa who requested the scale of the map. We wanted to be used especially by our 311 squad and the czechoslovak exeter wing (constituted by 310,312 and 313 squadrons). They mostly flew over Bretagne and northern Normandy, May be that is the reason......

This is great, but you do realise I'm now going to have to rebuild my entire Typhoon campaign to fit this map.. At last we have Harrowbeer.. thanks mate!

dunkelgrun Wrote:Nice choice of area for a map, but did you guys melt the ice caps or something? Half of England and France has been flooded!

Global warming man Big Grin
No i think that is the mistake of srtm or what, the flooded areas south of La Loire should be forests or estuaries or whatever (at least on google maps there are). And some rivers might be wider. Nobody is perfect

What about compatibility ?
Which version of UI ?
Which patch of game 408 / 409 ?

I'm sorry but i had to move this to wip setion for a while. Need to check everything first. Looks cool anyway
kap

Sorry chaps, won't be using this one, as it stands. The difference in map geography from reality is too much for a crusty old cartographer like me. Nice try though, and I'm sure a lot of folk will get a lot of fun from it.

I have looked this map and for me it looks cool. And they want to use it with campaigns that are very specific. I like it. Nice textures. And it has Cherbourg, so there will be some nice 1944 Invasion campaigns soon for this babe
And if you look at the level of details, you soon know how much they have worked with this. Hats off!
kap Big Grin