[Map] of Biscay official release

Agracier and No. 310/311 Czechoslovak Virtual Squadron present The Map of Biscay 1:1 official release

[Image: BiscayFMBsmall.jpg]

After posting the first version in WIP thread here we come with the official release. It includes some changes made upon requests asked on IL2 forums:

1. map file is renamed agcz_Biscay
2. bridge between La Rochelle and Ile de Re removed
3. RAF Harrowbeer and Morlaix apt adjusted (trees and disapearing rwy)
4. textures under airfields adjusted
5. Breton language names corrected
6. St Peter Port and St Helier on Channel Islands built
7. 2d map corrected
8. taxi points adjusted

For those who has already installed the beta version:

= Replace Biscay file in your installations with agcz_Biscay provided in rar pack
= modify all.ini line to
Quote:agcz_Biscay agcz_Biscay/load.ini

Others pls check install.txt in rar pack

Downloadlink:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yewzzktndz5

Some screenshots to see:
http://s886.photobucket.com/albums/ac61/Tjurma/Biscay/

Once again thanks Cannon and mkubani for using mainly their objects when populating the map

Enjoy it like we do in our Coastal Command liberators

[Image: predannack.jpg]

Coolious!
Real beautifull and needed map.
kap

Yeeeeaahhh!!!

Thank you guys!!

Looks great! Although I'm not too sure about that cliff-texture seemingly being used on the beach....Wink

311_Tjurma,

Thank you. This map has much potential for history based missions. Obviously, both the sea and air power aspects of war are available in this fine concept. Many air operations occurred in that region against ground targets, too. As a result, there were air battles while the Luftwaffe attempted to hinder Allied air operations in the area.

If you know about the sea role of the Ju-88, Fw-200, Catalina, RAF, and many Allied air units, then you can visualize all the fun over this map.

Do you like to hunt for U-boats? What about the "Baby Flat-tops"? How about the RAF and US 9th Air Force constant effort to soften the defenses of the Atlantic Wall? What about the effort based from England to bottle the German Navy? How about the German Navy Effort to stop Allied convoys?

Thanks for your job, but I have one remark:
Beautiful map see from the sky but when my aircraft is on the ground, there is no texture of relief or details: all is like painting, flat and colorised ( I speak about concrete, grass, sand , stone and so on).
Is it a defaut of my game?
Nvidia GEforce 8800GTX
here my conf ini:
[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=0
TexFlags.UseDither=1
TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
TexFlags.UseIndex=0
TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=1
TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=1
TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
TexFlags.ClipHintExt=0
TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=1

TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=1
TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
TexFlags.DepthClampNV=1
TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=1

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=2
Forest=3
LandShading=3
LandDetails=2

LandGeom=3
TexLarge=1
TexLandQual=3
TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
Water=3
Effects=1
ForceShaders1x=0
TypeClouds=1

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.15
PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

If somebody has an idea??

philip.ed Wrote:Looks great! Although I'm not too sure about that cliff-texture seemingly being used on the beach....Wink

8) that

lebig Wrote:Thanks for your job, but I have one remark:
Beautiful map see from the sky but when my aircraft is on the ground, there is no texture of relief or details: all is like painting, flat and colorised ( I speak about concrete, grass, sand , stone and so on).

I suppose you mean the airfileds - they are made of Canons plates amd in HSFX they look like painted. In UP2.01 they are retextured and are mainly transparent except runways and taxiways

It'll be a bunch of fun. Big Grin

By the way, I sent a PM to "lebig" with a link to my pc/IL-2 tech help Sticky topic.

Thanks for your help, I will study all that carefully!

can't save the missions.. what is the wrong?

Works like a charm.. thanks mate

This is a very important map and is excellent to see it at last. I n the hope that this is still ongoing and the developers are still willing and able to change things.

My subject is Jersey (where I used to live).
The harbour area is wrong, you cant see this from a modern map as the area to WEST OF THe Harbour wall, that is between the harbour wall and the castle is a reclaimed land site and did not exist until the '90s. The western harbour wall
was the sea wall when I was a boy. The harbour also extends too far south. Also there was a small airport on Jersey at St. Peters in the West of the Island. I have a Photo of this if it helps.
The fortifications on Jersey were very dense by 1944 and would make a challenging mision or other exploit.
Thanks for doing this map, it instilled memories of home straight away, and I hope my comments are useful. Keep up the EXCELLENT work as has been said elsewhere this map really needed doing.

Thanks again

Pelican Wrote:can't save the missions.. what is the wrong?

Your most likely missing one or more objects or object packs required for this map. Agracier gives a couple useful links on another site.

link for the static.ini checker:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ytwnkhqlhnk

link for Cannon's Channel Objects - the objects only, NOT his map:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyyjnkg1hoy

Today is a happy day for me.
Adding Cannon