Battle Of Britain

~S~ All
Now with the 352nd virtual FG new cross channel map out
I found this link that will be very helpfull for those who will
be building BOB campigans. This BOB reference will give the
information you will need to build Historical BOB missions.
This reference will give you the Air bases and aircraft used by
both sides, Brits and Germans.
I hope this helps every one that will be building BOB missions and
campigans.
Here is the link:
http://www.raf.mod.uk/bob1940/background.html

Kabayo

That is a great map although i still prefer Cannons channel map for realism, the 352nd FG map is largely unpopulated giving scope for mission builders to build their own towns and cities but and correct me if i'm wrong i thought it was meant to be a 1.1 scale map of southern England and France, being from southern England and having covered most of this area all my life by land and air it does seem way to small to be a 1.1 scale map. RAF Manston seems to be virtually on the coast and having flown out of there many times it does seem to close to the sea, other than that ...excellent map and very much appreciated, a tremendous amount of effort has gone into this.

ziggy-22 Wrote:That is a great map although i still prefer Cannons channel map for realism, the 352nd FG map is largely unpopulated giving scope for mission builders to build their own towns and cities but and correct me if i'm wrong i thought it was meant to be a 1.1 scale map of southern England and France, being from southern England and having covered most of this area all my life by land and air it does seem way to small to be a 1.1 scale map. RAF Manston seems to be virtually on the coast and having flown out of there many times it does seem to close to the sea, other than that ...excellent map and very much appreciated, a tremendous amount of effort has gone into this.

I disagree. I think that when you drive the distances, it's far different from when you fly above. For example, the BoB2 game has a 1:1 map of proactically the whole of England, and Manston is in the exact place there as on here Wink

philip.ed Wrote:
ziggy-22 Wrote:That is a great map although i still prefer Cannons channel map for realism, the 352nd FG map is largely unpopulated giving scope for mission builders to build their own towns and cities but and correct me if i'm wrong i thought it was meant to be a 1.1 scale map of southern England and France, being from southern England and having covered most of this area all my life by land and air it does seem way to small to be a 1.1 scale map. RAF Manston seems to be virtually on the coast and having flown out of there many times it does seem to close to the sea, other than that ...excellent map and very much appreciated, a tremendous amount of effort has gone into this.

I disagree. I think that when you drive the distances, it's far different from when you fly above. For example, the BoB2 game has a 1:1 map of proactically the whole of England, and Manston is in the exact place there as on here Wink

Yeah i think your right Phil i just google - earthed it and it does appear to be in the right place...... maybe i'm going senile, the last time i flew over kent and sussex it seemed much bigger than that or perhaps it was such a boring flight that it just seemed like it........what i'll do is go into IL-2 and fire up my trusty spit, kick off from Manston and go for a cruise!

Shame they didn't put my x - girlfriends house in then i could have straiffed her pet cat while it was backing one out in the flower border and carved it a new arsehole with a red hot round sending it screaming like a demented banshee over the garden fence......not that i'm bitter....lol

LOL Big Grin

But I think that in real-life it would be, or seem, different due to the environment being completely 3d; and if you're flying low, then you'll have the world going on around you. Fields and other things would be in greater number as well, so I suppose the shadows created by trees and other objects would add depth to the environment. It's all difficult to explain, but there's a lot more going on in the real world!

But yes, in short, I perfectly understand what you mean Big Grin