(Map)Kt_Syv

Here it is. My Kt_Syvari map!
I have been working with this map more or less over 6 months. It has been a great journey through Finnish/Russian History. The map is not 1:1 scale. In real it would be bigger than the default Finsgulf map.
I tried to use Astergem satellitedata, but it was too difficult (at least for me) to parse thos small maps to gether without any glitches or other errors. Satellitedata was propably taken in winter, because there were no lakes or rivers.
So i decited to do a smaller, but much detailed map instead, using Googlemaps as a reference. My aim was to capture the different landscapes in Finland and Russian side of Karelia.
Whereas Finland is part of Western world, East Karelia was and still is complitely different. Villages there are made of logs and so...I also tried to capture the feeling of East Karelian wilderness and Smooth agriculture terrain of western parts of map.
I will also provide DCG campaigns with this map. At the moment everything is at beta stage, so please report, if you find any big errors.
Airfields are fictious. I just copy/pasted some very basic default airfields. At least they work.
Only Nurmoila airfield is detailed with some buildings. Other airfields can be decorated by missionmakers.
There are some roads and railroads that are based to books and Internet sources.
Because this map is made specially for my DGC campaigns, i hope that you download them aswell when they are ready and give comments and suggestions how to improve them.
I will edit those campaigns with news and with right planesets. I ordered some great books from FAF history, but they haven't come yet.

There is still lot's to do, but here you go. Enjoy and happy landings
Kapteeni
Installation:
Drop the whole Kt_syvari folder to your IL1946/MODS/Mapmods/Maps/ folder
add these lines to all.ini file. (Open it with notepad ). Easiest way to do is just copy/paste from here:

Kt_syvari_winter Kt_syvari/load_w.ini
Kt_syvari_winter_hard Kt_syvari/load_wh.ini
Kt_syvari Kt_syvari/load.ini

This map works with HSFX 4.1 and UP 2.0. If you can't load the summer map, you are propably missing Compans textures. They can be found at AAA website (The link is inoperative). Use search function for Compans textures.

Version 1.0
Map works now also with excellent settings.
Corrected airfielfds. Thanks to Jami, they are now at right places.
I also retextured terrain, so it it looks better from above.
No more objects at water
Many other bugs corrrected....
PS.
My DCG campaigns still works, but you'll find that russian partisans (querrillas) have captured some areas or even airfiled. Hahaha.
I will update those campaigns ASAP too!
Happy landindgs!
Kapteeni
DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?huwidymtjyd
or
http://www.filefront.com/16596959/Kt_syvari091.rar
Screenshots:
[Image: 3005201019-03-05.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-11-51.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-09-22.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-13-23.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-12-46.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-06-23.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-07-23.jpg]
[Image: 3005201019-07-59.jpg]
[Image: 0905201013-23-31.jpg]
[Image: 0905201013-23-46.jpg]

Yes you do: your sig is right: you know your sh*t. :yay:

This is a piece of art. Great!!!!

And many, many thanks for this map. With it (and your Archangelsk map) it is now possible to portray important parts of the airwar on the northern part of the Eastern front. I will start working on campaigns for this one ASAP.

I hope that this map and the Archangelsk one will see its way into the coming Mod packs. They are worth a maximum audience!

Again: thanks for all your hard work! :cheers: You an map-makers like Agracier and Canon are SO important for this game!

Big Grin
@Poltava
Waiting for your campaigns!!
BTW, I'm not so sure that EVERYBODY shares your enthusiasm for Eastern and specially Finnish front. But i have always enjoyed your work. Campaigns are really historical and briefings are very good. Keep'em Coming!
Kap
PS! Rukaj

Kapteeni!

The winter versions work fine, but the summer versions doesn't, and I guess it's about those missing textures by Compans. Which I have found and downloaded.

But (and this is a big but) where do I place these new textures???? I tried to put them in _Tex / land / summer but that didn't help... :???:

Looks awesome, when I have some free-time I will install this! Big Grin

Poltava Wrote:Kapteeni!

The winter versions work fine, but the summer versions doesn't, and I guess it's about those missing textures by Compans. Which I have found and downloaded.

But (and this is a big but) where do I place these new textures???? I tried to put them in _Tex / land / summer but that didn't help... :???:
Which version of game do you have?
If you have UP 2.0 or HSFX 4.1, you should be fine.
I have used 2 or 3 CanonUKConfused objects and they came with He's Channel maps and you have them
Try to open Summer map at FMB and Shift+Tab command will tell what you are missing!
"Cgagan solved it like this:

"I too faced the same no-load problems for the spring (summer)map initially; shift& tab pointed to missing Compans textures; I re-installed them all in my Mapmods/maps/Tex/land/summer folder and I now have the map".

Check also Text's at all.ini....Should be excatly:
Kt_syvari_winter Kt_syvari/load_w.ini
Kt_syvari_winter_hard Kt_syvari/load_wh.ini
Kt_syvari Kt_syvari/load.ini

Hope that this helps!
kap

Got it! It *was* a missing Compans texture!

Thanks!

This map looks great! For some reason I love the Finnish front. Thanks for thegettin some good maps from that front out there. Poltava- Can't wait to see the campaigns

Poltava Wrote:Got it! It *was* a missing Compans texture!

Thanks!
Big Grin
kap

kg64v_Silent Strika Wrote:This map looks great! For some reason I love the Finnish front. Thanks for thegettin some good maps from that front out there. Poltava- Can't wait to see the campaigns
Somehow i love the Finnish front too. THX for your kind words!
kap

My new Campaign for this great map is coming soon: in a day or two! :Smile)

Poltava Wrote:My new Campaign for this great map is coming soon: in a day or two! :Smile)
Big Grin
Can't wait!
kap

New download link in first post.

Deutschmark

Where can i find Compans Textures?
Thanks

buckdanny Wrote:Where can i find Compans Textures?
Thanks
http://www.mediafire.com/?2h2ykxykzmn
Here ya go!
kap