can't activate mod

hi im a new user to il2 mods and this fourm, i have patches up to 4.09 and in that jg.exe thingy i activated hsfx...what is supposed to happen im really confused...also whart mod had the b17 that dropped the mistle/nuke, id really like to know and the painkillers ive been taking have made it really hard to figure out, i REALLY need some help and please excuse my noobiness, my left arm is broken and i can't play anyother game...thanks in advance

please tell me theres a way to play hsfx with 4.09, 4.10+ is terrible

i enabled hsfx n nothing happened

Which version of HSFX? To use the newest version, (HSFX5.0) you need to start with a clean, unmodded, stock install of Il21946 patched to version 4.10.1.
So it's probably best to reinstall from the disk if that's what you have, and then install all the official patches one at a time; 4.08, 4.09m, 4.10m and 4.10.1m
Launch the game after each patch installation and make sure it's working. If everything looks OK, copy and rename the whole thing and put it somewhere safe to use as a backup copy in case you ever need to reinstall it. (You can have as many copies of Il2 on you computer as you have space for.)
Now download and install HSFX5.0 using the installer that comes with it, following the instructions in the readme.
Now navigate to the install of JSGME that is in the game you just modded's directory. Open it and move HSFX from the left to the right column by clicking on it and clicking the little arrow in the middle that points to the right. Close and try starting the game. You should see a new splash screen as the game loads that says HSFX ver.5.0.
Good luck.

hey another question, i was watching a youtube video and it had a b17 that dropped a nuke like bomb, someone commented, how did you get the b17 and the user replied i got it from all aircraft arcade (which i know is gone, this is it now) what has the b17, Does hsfx let u fly the me323 and is there any way to not explode by touching the ground, (realistic landings)
thanks again...sorry if i post this in wrong place

I think the only plane which carries the A-Bomb in the B-29 (Silverplate) which is historical. It is included in most mod packs including HSFX.
I don't know about the ME323, but most AI planes have been made flyable, although not all of them have authentic cockpits yet.

I installed hsfx and found the mod thingy in my forgotten battles folder, i saw hsfx history mod like the readme told me to, i then start il2 and it shows the same old splash screen...NOTHING... i don't get it should i screen shot my directory or somthing and put it here? im confused!

Look in your game directory for a yellow icon called JSGME. Right click on it and send a shortcut to your desktop. Go to your desktop and click the icon to open the program. You will see a window with two columns and arrows between. Click on "HSFX history mod" in the left column, then click on the right arrow to move it over to the right column- you have now enabled HSFX. Close the program and start you game- the splash screen should show HSFX version 5.0.

Hi, and welcome here Smile

A new guide was made by me which will help you be sure about adding mods to HSFX 5.0

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=31573

Fireskull

guys i figured it out, it kept installing into my directory, Ubi Soft/IL-2 Forgotten Battles not my Ubisoft/IL-2 1946
its fixed, i love it, but i wish torpedoing wasn't so hard now, as i suck in general, any way to revert it to the old torpedo system? (just drop watch it hit its target?)

P.S., how many seaplanes are in this mod? i only know of the A6M2-N, and i find it fun to land in water Big Grin

supercrapnstuff Wrote:guys i figured it out, it kept installing into my directory, Ubi Soft/IL-2 Forgotten Battles not my Ubisoft/IL-2 1946
its fixed, i love it, but i wish torpedoing wasn't so hard now, as i suck in general, any way to revert it to the old torpedo system? (just drop watch it hit its target?)

P.S., how many seaplanes are in this mod? i only know of the A6M2-N, and i find it fun to land in water Big Grin

Hi,

Just for future reference, it is always best to install IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 outside Program Files if you have Vista or later operating systems.

With the previous HSFX, someone posted a way to return to "old torpedo system". Did you ask Mr. Search? :lol:

Some mods can be disabled by renaming them with simply adding a minus ("-") symbol front of them. If you can find the torpedo mod in the file, then doing this is probably safe and worth a try. You can also delete the minus symbol later to return the mod to activation.

Yes, there are several seaplanes in HSFX 5.0, but I do not know how many are flyable. Did you look at the list of aircraft in the post by Monguse in this forum? He has a copy of the READ-ME there.

IL-2 Newbie Guide
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

I hope this helps. Smile

Fireskull

[quote]Just for future reference, it is always best to install IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 outside Program Files if you have Vista or later operating systems./quote] so your saying just in the first set of folders of the C Drive?

also its not hsfx related, in IL-2 4.10 they made torpedoing cryptic as f**k and one more thing i'd like to revert,
is there anyway to get the original maps used in quick mission builder? i used to love Crimea with no objectives cuz i'd see how long i'd be able to fly 'for the boats a little ways away were and it was AWSHOME one of my favorite things to do, now also when i set Crimea with the "Airbase" target on, theres now only like 4 AA cars, and that annoyed me because now i can actually destroy everything there! (meaning its to easy and i like to have fun with the damage&crash system,) is that possible in hsfx? because i would luv to do that...

Well,

Yes, you can make IL-2 itself a major folder alongside Windows, Users, and so forth. There actually is a slight improvent in IL-2 performance with the shortest possbile file path.

Once you learn how to do it, you can make your own missions. There is even a way to make randomization in a mission. The Dynamic Campaign Generator is another option. Some modders have created nice Quick Mission Builder mods that allow you to add maps, so I would think that you could add the stock map to it.

In HSFX, you can revert to stock maps any time you like.

Maybe someone reading this will have more suggestions.

Smile
Fireskull

thats swell, now can HSFX make torpedo bombing simple again? every time it goes "Torpedo broken on entry into water" EVERY TIME SINCE 4.10!

i can't destroy a boat any other way, the torpedoing tut in the training section dosen't refer to the fact how this is il2 1946 V 4.10, Torpedo Bombing is now impossible

kthanxbaiii

supercrapnstuff Wrote:thats swell, now can HSFX make torpedo bombing simple again? every time it goes "Torpedo broken on entry into water" EVERY TIME SINCE 4.10!

i can't destroy a boat any other way, the torpedoing tut in the training section dosen't refer to the fact how this is il2 1946 V 4.10, Torpedo Bombing is now impossible

kthanxbaiii

Well, now that we have the bug fix HSFX 5.01, we should be able to get this going.

Fireskull