[Download] zip_Anzio

[Image: zipanzio.jpg]

Airports are not visible.

This map is a contemporary to my Monte Cassino map.
After their advance in southern Italy has been stopped at Monte Cassino and the Gustav Line, in January 1944 the Allies landed a 100 Km to the northwest at Anzio and Nettuno in the back of the german defenders. They met nearly none resistance, but the allied commander hesitated to march on. This gave the german troops the oportunity to organize their fight. It took until the end of may 1944 the Allies broke through the Gustav Line and forced the Germans to retreat. In the next weeks nearly whole Italy was liberated except a small part in the Alps, which was mostly hold until the Europaen War ended in May 1945.

The island Ischia i shifted to the northwest to get an other land based allied airport. In reality there never was one, of course.

Download zip_Anzio (36 MB) here:

http://www.filefront.com/16854955/zip_Anzio.zip

Installation:

Throw both folders (zip_Anzio and _tex) of the zip_Anzio.zip in your (mod) map folder.
Add the following line to your all.ini:

zip_Anzio zip_Anzio/load.ini

I strongly recommend to set forest = 3 in your conf.ini

That looks good Smile
Am sure you will see some nice missions made for that map.

Deutschmark

D/L-ing now! THANKS!!!! Big Grin

Thank you, zipzapp.

Being able to create missions over parts of Italy has been a fantasy of mine for years.

It's great to see maps which are centered around a battle area and will load fast.

I'll be sharing this with my squadron mates. Big Grin

Thank you zipzapp, enjoying these latest releases as much as you Alpen series.

A big thankyou. Big Grin
ColaBen

D/loading now... Many thanks!!!!! 8)

Thanks a lot mate!

Will try it out one of these days. Big Grin
Your Monte Cassino textures and detailed villages looks nice also.
I still use the full version of your Alpen maps, perfect for long flights.
By the way, if you are working on another Italian map or so wait a while with population it 'cause I'm still working on a set of southern European houses. I've about 60 houses now and release date will be half of July.

Some examples:

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...94&t=28091

Thanks. I plan to use your buildings also with the Monte Cassino and the Anzio map, exchanging the old ones is quite easy. But the buildings must be of the same size. There are a lot of buildings in these maps, but a handfull of types are covering 90% of them.