Ever been in the Cockpit of a Warbird?

I started a thread like this a few months ago and it seemed to be a hit, but was deleted for some reason which I never found out. But, in this thread please post pictures, list what aircraft, Aircraft you've flown in and etc. If you would like to see my photos of the Collings Foundation "Wings of Freedom" showcasing their P-51, B-24 and B-17 please visit my thread titled "P-51, B-17 and B-24 photos", which I will be posting later.

Warbirds I've sat in or been in:
T-6 Texan
P-51D Mustang
Spitfire Mk.16
SR-71 Blackbird
C-47 Skytrain
B-25D Mitchell
B-17 Flying Fortress
B-24 Liberator

[Image: Oregon612.jpg]
[Image: Oregon610.jpg]
[Image: Oregon057.jpg]
[Image: Oregon631.jpg]
[Image: Oregon630.jpg]
[Image: Oregon619.jpg]
[Image: Oregon632.jpg]
[Image: S.jpg]

B-17G "Nine O' Nine."
[Image: CollingsFoundationAircraft064-1.jpg]

Waist Gunner position of the B-24 "Witchcraft" with the .50 Cal Browning. :-D
[Image: CollingsFoundationAircraft097.jpg]

I've never been in a warbird, though I've lain flat on my back under a Fw-190 once. Come to think of it, I've done the same thing with a Cromwell tank. I've led a strange life. :wink:

[Image: Cromwell_Tank.jpg]
A Cromwell tank.

I've stepped a foot in the cockpit of a B-52 and a Lockheed Galaxy along with a C-130 Hercules. But it was a long time ago so I don't have pictures of this. :Smile)

As a child I was hoisted into the cockpit of an Avro Anson at Staverton Airport (Where is that aeroplane now? Skyfame museum has long since closed). As an air cadet in my youth I made an unauthorised visit to Lyneham airbase and got myself a ride on an RAF Hercules, with some precious few minutes sat in the cockpit. What a view! Wiltshire spread out before me. What else? Let's see... A C-47 and a Shackleton. Also the Jet Provost at Hendon a few years back.

I have been in a few, c-47 Mail/Passenger plane I think, A gloster meteor. Several others I can't remember.

Spitfire Mark 1, Hurricane Mark1 (random Hurricane prop used in the BoB film) a few others, erm....a Harrier Jumpjet...can't remember any more.
Oh, a Lancaster as well Wink

Been in a T-6 Texan/Harvard.

If anyone gets the chance to sit in a P-39 by the way (Duxford's "Brooklyn Bum 2nd?), set your camera to macro and start snapping. You'll be doing the community a big favour. Smile

A few. The F-4 Phanton II, F-15 Eagle, F-15E Strike Eagle, B-52, C-130, C-141, F-84 Thundersteak. Flew in the F-4, F-15E, C-130 and C-141. Oh yeah, forgot about the KC-135 and the KC-10. Had a few sorties tooling around in those watching refuel operations. Also spent 8.5 fun filled flying hours in an E-3 AWACS in Turkey during Operation PROVIDE COMFORT. Did so many race-track patterns, I couldn't walk straight for 3 days. Kept leaning to the left. Big Grin

Yeah I have Big Grin

I've been in the PBY-5A

Planemad

Not any real "warbirds" but in Hornet and a Draken.