My Full scale mosquito just arrived ( now months ago...) in

If you care to refer to the 2 earlier parts of this build…:

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=24928

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=27049

It hasn’t taken all this time to finish, but what has delayed the last part of this short narrative ( with many pictures) is that the new decals have been out of stock at squadron for months & eventually I had to order from a source in England.
Without too much description here are the pics of it being painted & main sections being assembled:
[Image: IMG_7744.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7745.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7749.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7752.jpg]

Detail shots:

[Image: IMG_7750.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7751.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7746.jpg]

Everything together:
[Image: IMG_7756.jpg]

A few words: Getting Invasion stripes just right was difficult,,as was matching all camo to the various cowling sections,wing , tail etc. As mentioned earlier parts fit just so,, but fitting engine sections to wings & radiator sections was a trial, and took several dry & wet runs to get them to fit…there are still a few problems,plus a few bits 7 pieces from buried sections on the engine fell out & were impossible to reattach.Very delicate landing gear struts kept snapping off as well , necessitating a bit of ‘over-gluing ‘ to keep them in place. This thing just takes time1
Finally:

[Image: IMG_7855.jpg]

[Image: IMG_7856.jpg]

and for those of you who are curious a size comparison between this and the Trumpeter Hurricane:

[Image: IMG_7854.jpg]

May I say my version is not a perfect build & parts fell off almost as soon as it was done( D___n radiators!) & perhaps I took a libert or two or three with markings & red spinners too, but this is a lovely kit!It doesn’t begine to show the hundreds of parts it contains- but I know they’re there , I can tell you. It is expensive ,but worth it I think…
Now if only Airfix would do a Bf-110 …or Me-410…or even a P-38…..
:wink:

Looking extremely good. I wonder how you get so smooth and good looking paintjob...

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Looking extremely good. I wonder how you get so smooth and good looking paintjob...
Airbrush... Big Grin

Almost forgot...left over parts:
[Image: IMG_7763.jpg]
Plus My favorite thing- the last part was a tiny windshield washer blade for the wind screen! :roll:

Dietz Wrote:
KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Looking extremely good. I wonder how you get so smooth and good looking paintjob...
Airbrush... Big Grin
Big Grin

I'm always drooling at some good models and thinking "I wish I could do that!"...

Super Model!

That looks so awesome! Any link to that Hurricane? It's beautiful! Big Grin

:mrgreen:

philip.ed Wrote:That looks so awesome! Any link to that Hurricane? It's beautiful! Big Grin

:mrgreen:
sorry no link, but I kinda like the 1/24th Trumpeter Hurricane kit better than the 1/24th Airfix one, probably because of a better looking prop & spinner.... :lol:

Fantastic work Dietz , lots of detail & a great paint job , give your self a pat on the back for this one m8. Big Grin

Amazing work Big Grin

BTW- I was hooked when I saw this about a year ago ( kit hit the market just before Christmas 2009) Make sure you watch the video at the bottom...but don't you believe it! :wink:
http://www.airfix.com/mossie/

Are those missles! If they are, take them out and paint them and put em on display.

Verhängnis Wrote:Are those missles! If they are, take them out and paint them and put em on display.
Where? :-?

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:
Verhängnis Wrote:Are those missles! If they are, take them out and paint them and put em on display.
Where? :-?

In the middle square of spare parts. Confusedhock:

Yes - lots of rockets- complete with many decals to go on same- I opted for bombs...slightly less work ...be those rockets would have looked cool... Confusedhock: