Add-a-plane with UP2.1-wassup?

OK hit me in the head with a large rock..I know I deserve it! recently ( yesterday)became a convert to UP 2.1after using HFSX most of the time, without many problems downloading & installing aircraft, but with UP 2.1 I've hit a roadblock that I just know there is a simple solution to .Just send me to the right post , because I haven't found it..BUT.....
I've tried everything else I know-- put plane in Mods folder & air , plane, weapons info in correct folders in "files" :nada -even on one case a 60% CTD ( yes I know what that means..) next I tried to put Plane folder in JSGME & transfer it to the active side ...again nada.Then a light went on how about the STD folder in the -Mods folder? I put this into the Mods folder with all the correct info & aircraft folder...and still nothing in QMB or seemingly anywhere else. Look I don't want to add every new plane , but just one here or there..I know it must seem like I'm hopeless ..and I probably am, but please someone tell me where to go( you know what I mean..) & I promise I'll remove this thread immediately.

Dietz Wrote:OK hit me in the head with a large rock..I know I deserve it! recently ( yesterday)became a convert to UP 2.1after using HFSX most of the time, without many problems downloading & installing aircraft, but with UP 2.1 I've hit a roadblock that I just know there is a simple solution to .Just send me to the right post , because I haven't found it..BUT.....
I've tried everything else I know-- put plane in Mods folder & air , plane, weapons info in correct folders in "files" :nada -even on one case a 60% CTD ( yes I know what that means..) next I tried to put Plane folder in JSGME & transfer it to the active side ...again nada. Then a light went on how about the STD folder in the -Mods folder? put this into the Mods folder with all the correct info & aircraft folder...and still nothing in QMB or seemingly anywhere else. Look I don't want to add every new plane , but just one here or there..I know it must seem like I'm hopeless ..and I probably am, but please someone tell me where to go( you know what I mean..) & I promise I'll remove this thread immediately.

Try removing "-" in front of Mods to activate the mods.
Then if you want to play 'on line' without Mods: add back the "-". 8)

QMB, if activated from JSGME should be working without doing this, but it does require
you install and activate the missions for it... I use Up 2.0 and a QBM inside Mods; and I'm not upgrading: just waiting for a 4,10m release...

Nadia Wrote:
Dietz Wrote:OK hit me in the head with a large rock..I know I deserve it! recently ( yesterday)became a convert to UP 2.1after using HFSX most of the time, without many problems downloading & installing aircraft, but with UP 2.1 I've hit a roadblock that I just know there is a simple solution to .Just send me to the right post , because I haven't found it..BUT.....
I've tried everything else I know-- put plane in Mods folder & air , plane, weapons info in correct folders in "files" :nada -even on one case a 60% CTD ( yes I know what that means..) next I tried to put Plane folder in JSGME & transfer it to the active side ...again nada. Then a light went on how about the STD folder in the -Mods folder? put this into the Mods folder with all the correct info & aircraft folder...and still nothing in QMB or seemingly anywhere else. Look I don't want to add every new plane , but just one here or there..I know it must seem like I'm hopeless ..and I probably am, but please someone tell me where to go( you know what I mean..) & I promise I'll remove this thread immediately.

Try removing "-" in front of Mods to activate the mods.
Then if you want to play 'on line' without Mods: add back the "-". 8)

QBM , if activated from JSGME should be working without doing this, but it does require
you install and activate the missions for it... I use Up 2.0 and a QBM inside Mods; and I'm not upgrading: just waiting for a 4,10m release...

No quotes marks are actually there( I think you know this...)Seriously waiting for the 4.11 is a good idea ,,its just I thought adding a plane or two with UP2.1 should be an easy deal...I'm just not bright eniugh to figure it out...Maps yes..planes ...so far...no.... Sad

Just remove -

Quotes are just quotes for the post quoting something. Sorry.

-Mods is wrong.
Mods is wright.

Don't add anything to Files, unless you are asked by a true update to do so... This compromise your ability to play on line.
For mods that changes existing stuff, just drop in Mods. For mods that create new stuff/slots: all the editing is done in path Mods/STD/xxx/... where xxx is either i18n or com.
If you have an empty STD (?), copy i18n, gui, com from Files to Mods/STD to create from scratch...

Should fix your avatar . See the rules of site for no active avatars. :!: :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28408

As for the waiting: took 6 months to set up UP2 for all our needs, mods and
corrections; I just don't want to waste time fixing and setting things up again,
and want to actually play the game for now... so ... that is it.
I recommend you proceed, was just to say I can't help with further problems related to UP2.01 since I don't use it.
But I can help with any QMB issues... :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=28781&p=327113#p327113

P.S.: Sorry about the avatar rule; ...realy looks great !! I'm no moderator. 8)

Thanks - removed avatar- no problem there.No problem with Maps, QMB,or nearly anything else.I am aware of using Mods folder & its difference from the non working -Mods version. All this is old hat... adding stuff has always been easy & for the most part straight forward & I know this is probably a problem in the way I am trying to add new aircraft, not in Up2.1 at all.It is a great utility.
Here's what I have done , with no success so far: I've tried two aircraft ( aircraft that easily installed in HFSX4.1- so I know they work..) the Ta-183 light & the fully loaded PBY- both from SAS.Lets just take the Ta-183. I put the Hucky folder into Mods. I take the line for air & put it in the Mods/STD/_/_/ air file & I put the line from plane in the Mods/STD/i18n/plane file. No joy.
Where I may be going wrong is here- see if this sounds right: I took the STD folder from the -Mods folder- why there was one there I'm not quite sure( again I blame myself for some earlier slip up..) Maybe I should do as you recommend- create a new STD folder using 1l18n,com,and gui from my File folder,correct so far? I still add the folder for the new plane in the Mods folder & repeat the proceedure for adding new lines in air,plane & weapons ( when I need to.)Now the plane should show up in various places in the game ( I always look for it first in QMB tho...)
May I ask one technical question? Why does the Gui need to be in the STD folder? I will never touch it- I add new buttons to the one in Files, so is it there to somehow make the STD folder operative? Just wondering...
Thanks for your patience , please respond to tell me I'm on the right track...in the meantime I'll give it a try.

That DID IT!
Many thanks- I'll remove this post until after the weekend , just in case there are a few otherslike me that need to be hit in the head! Confusedhock:
Many many thanks!
BTW Confusedee new avatar that more properly represents my abilities!

I'd leave the topic here, it could be quite helpful Wink

Seems you got you'r problem solved.
You are right, I should have said com instead of Gui. Now corrected.
STD/Gui/game is used for latest buttons is also right. Big Grin

Note that a new alternate splash screen of your choice may be placed in STD/Gui.

Have a good weekend !! Smile