Happy 4th of July!!!

Big Grin Smile :o :lol: :Smile)

Happy independence day guys in America!

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:Happy independence day guys in America!
oh country song came into my mind, good one too

We get Federation instead of Independence.

Did you know the king of englend on july 4th 1776, independance day, wrote in his journal "Nothing of importence happened today." interesting...

Tongue

Krapp, i forgot to say happy first of july when i had the chance Sad well... always next year Big Grin

Sean2323 Wrote:Did you know the king of englend on july 4th 1776, independance day, wrote in his journal "Nothing of importence happened today." interesting...

Tongue

Krapp, i forgot to say happy first of july when i had the chance Sad well... always next year Big Grin

What is an important event in one countries history is not always the case for another, the American war of independance was refered to at its time by the British as a 'temper tantrum' the combined casualty figures for both sides in the war was less than the hourly British casualty rate at the battle of waterloo, for Britian...India was the jewel in the colonial crown at the time with most military resources being directed there and to other parts of Britians vast empire. France was Britians natural enemy and constant 'run ins' with the French over colonial power was the major concern. However lets not take the credit from the Americans, the British saw them as kin folk and grossly underestimated their desire for independance from the crown, not for one moment did the British expect such a fight from our 'cousins' across the pond and through this and bad leadership we were soundly beaten.
In my home town in England we errected a statue on the 4th july 2010 to the American revolutionary Thomas Paine, he was born and bred here and although he crossed the pond to fight against Britian he like many others from the period are still sons of England and i think this just shows how even the war of independance didn't strain the relationship between the 2 countries. If you study the era from a British perspective the British were more upset than angered and really couldn't believe that the Americans would take it all the way to the end and were horrified when they called on France to assist......Credit to the Americans on their victory and there never was any hard feelings if that were the case we wouldn't be erecting statues of those that opposed us. Thomas Paine is considered a great Englishman as well as an american.