Map Builder Trick with JSGME.exe

Here is a neat trick to do with the JSGME tool that comes with the HSFX mod pack.

just go to you jsgmemods folder and create a new folder called MapBuilder, Then copy and paste your bldconf.ini & conf.ini into this folder.

Then replace all the code with this code into your bldconf.ini that is located in your MapBuilder folder

Code:
[builder_plugins]
  (builder.PlMapLoad)
  (builder.PlMapActors,sectFile=com/maddox/il2/objects/static.ini)
  (builder.PlMapAirdrome)
  (builder.PlMapLabel)
  (builder.PlMapText)
[builder config]
  bShowGrid false
  bShowName true
  bViewRunaway true
  bShowTime true
  bShowArmy [3,true,true,true]
  iLightLand 255
  iconSize 32
  bViewBridge true
  bAnimateCamera true
  bActorOnLand true
  bSaveViewHLand true
  bShowLandscape true
  iLightDestruction 128
  iWaterLevel 191

And add this to you conf.ini under the [HotKey builder]

Code:
Ctrl C=copy
Ctrl X=cut
Ctrl V=paste
Right=bridgeRight
Left=bridgeLeft
Up=bridgeOffset+
Down=bridgeOffset-

Then just enable it with the JSGME.exe and your set to mod il2 and your maps Big Grin

Questions:
where the map under construction should be loaded.
need other mods be disabled in JGSME?
Otherwise, very nice, but some more info needed.

Maps should be listed under Mods/Mapmods
No other mods

Sorry, still not understood .
Say, I have folder Manam with the Manam map in it.
Where i must place this folder,
and where I must have all.ini file with
Manam Manam/load.ini input
in order to have the Manam map appeared in the list,
after running HFSX converted into MapBuilder by your proposal , please ?
Can you give the full paths , please ?

Neat trick, but how do I save the map after editing?

Well i guess it would be the same as if you had another install of the game dedicated to Map Making Big Grin

But i havent got that far with a map, Im still learning :-?

I click the "Save map" and nothing happens...

Hi,

Before I try this, I would like to know what the advantages and disadvantages are for this. What capabilities do we gain?

Fireskull Wrote:Hi,

Before I try this, I would like to know what the advantages and disadvantages are for this. What capabilities do we gain?
Well, this was also one of my first thoughts, but later on I realised that then we can have only one Il2 install, not separate one for MapBuilding, what might be useful for older computers with less space on HD.

Idea

Some builders will need this! Good idea.

I think the very right procedure including folder structure is given in March this year by Boomer here :
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,1977.0.html.
I did not tried it yet, but suppose the same approach should work for HSFX , too.
EDIT:
Well, tried the Boomers technique on UP2.01, and , when opening the map and sliding the left ruler down, obtained this weird picture:
[Image: th_grab0000-4.jpg]

The same effect observed with HSFX. Any help, please ?

Quote:I click the "Save map" and nothing happens...

I found a tutorial which helped me a lot... JUST ABOVE viewtopic.php?f=70&t=14643

Basically, to save your work, you should have in your game folder a folder named : Maps and in this folder, other folders with EXACTLY the same names than your maps folders in your mods/mapmods/maps/..
So, the work you do will be saved in this [your game]/Maps/[your map]/... but only the files which are updated in your work.
In order to to have the changes taken in account, you'll have to move files from
[your game]/Maps/[your map]/...
to:
[your game]/MODS/Mapmods/Maps/[your map]/...

It's the reason why it is better to have a separate dedicated install off the game (I deleted all paintshemes files from this install because they are useless there.
...so, no pb with JsGME .
NOTA: in order to avoid frequent crash of your mapmaking FMB, it is better to delete all .bumph & .tree.tga files inside _Tex folder (another VERY GOOD reason for a separate install : I just had a lot of crashes before I deleted those files...and don't worry about it : you just keep them in your regular install, and they are automatically used when you fly :wink: