DCG Battle of Britain 1940 V1.2 (V1.3 for DBW)

Hi,
The Battle of Britain is exactly 70 years ago! For this reason, I have made a DCG campaign that uses the channel 1940-41 map by canonuk and it is divided into 4 subcampaigns!
I made two versions of the campaign, as there are different types of the Spitfire and Hurricane in the Mods!

Before you start a campaign take a look in the read me file, please!

Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) Version 3.45 or higher: http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?list.3

Campaign for HSFX and UP: http://www.mediafire.com/?kdsk6xdbjsqelgq

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battle of Britain 1940 V1.3 DBW

Campaign tested in DBW 1.71 with DCG 3.47beta (strongly recommended)!

Campaign V1.3 for DBW: http://www.mediafire.com/?4fb4fqijro1pxic

update DBW version 6.4.2012:
Replaced the Bf-110C1 with the C4 version! Dont know why, but DCG creates for the C4 AI better missions (more offensive instead of "protect airfield" missions)!
Made some changes in class.dcg and payloads.dcg for related planes, like the Ju-88! This type should now attack ships in the first subcampaign!

Many thanks to Paul Lowengrin for his support and Dynamic Campaign Generator,
canonuk for this detailed,historical map, "Slink" for the reworked .dcg files for V3.47
and all Modders from SAS/AAS/FM for their mods!

Thanks!

Downloading ! Big Grin

Thank you very much, Lonestar. I like all your DCG campaigns.

1. My dcg\Battle of Britain 1940 HSFX\PaintSchemes\Skins\Bf-109E-3 folder is empty.
2. Please change squadron from: No. 303 (polish)Sqn to No. 303 (Polish) Sqn 'Kosciuszkowski'. What is the difference ? The first one has not natural huge squadron emblem on airplanes. It looks really disgusting.
3. Is there a chance to change a default airfield of 303 squadron to historical Northolt ?

Thats all by now Smile

whiskey111 Wrote:1. My dcg\Battle of Britain 1940 HSFX\PaintSchemes\Skins\Bf-109E-3 folder is empty.
2. Please change squadron from: No. 303 (polish)Sqn to No. 303 (Polish) Sqn 'Kosciuszkowski'. What is the difference ? The first one has not natural huge squadron emblem on airplanes. It looks really disgusting.
3. Is there a chance to change a default airfield of 303 squadron to historical Northolt ?

Thats all by now Smile

Hi,
1. Its okay! DCG only accept aircrafts if there is a folder for that aircraft in \PaintSchemes\Skins! No matter with or without skins!

2. Place these lines in the timetable.dcg file:
Under [Bob1]:
19400710 MoveSquad RAF_No303SQN0 Northolt_Airstrip
Under [Bob2]:
19400812 MoveSquad RAF_No303SQN0 Northolt_Airstrip
Under [Bob3]
19400824 MoveSquad RAF_No303SQN0 Northolt_Airstrip

Each of them in the last line!

3. Its a little bit work! You must change the name for this squadron in:
timetable.dcg
Squadids.dcg
Bob4.mis file
SquadronsGBA.dat

I'm just after few misions. Very nice flying. I like your DCG campaigns and hope that there is going to be more for 1941-45.
Thanks a lot for your work Smile

Quote:3. Its a little bit work! You must change the name for this squadron in:
timetable.dcg
Squadids.dcg
Bob4.mis file
SquadronsGBA.dat

Can you do this as a fix ? At least it will be for everyone.

whiskey111 Wrote:Can you do this as a fix ? At least it will be for everyone.

Okay, I will change the squadron and make three additional files for DGen, so you can fly under Polish nationality!

:OO Thx very much Lonestar - playing now.

Just got one problem with this map - the green golf kind of gras on the airfields (getting it damn hard to land on). Do anyone know a solution to this?

I think this question should be directed to the map developer.

Quick Squadron update forthe campaign!

It change the Polish Squadron in the Campaigns, so you hear Polish Radio during the missions!
You can now also fly a career as a Polish Fighter Pilot!

No. 303 (Polish) Squadron was formed on 2 August 1940 at RAF Northolt, and became operational on 31 August 1940!
For that reason, the Polish Squadrons are only available in the subcampaigns "FighterCommand" and "Their finest Hour"!

Edit: Its included in Version 1.1!

whiskey111 Wrote:I think this question should be directed to the map developer.

Found a solution in another post - it wasn`t a question directed to the campaign dev only if someone knew.

Got the solution here and it works Big Grin

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22206

saf1 Wrote:
whiskey111 Wrote:I think this question should be directed to the map developer.

Found a solution in another post - it wasn`t a question directed to the campaign dev only if someone knew.

Got the solution here and it works Big Grin

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22206

Good to hear, saf1!
Happy landings! Smile

i've installed the campaign and it worked fine for a while, but then while playing it (after a few minutes, as I was taking off) I got an error message which read ‘The instruction at 0x0f8a0a57 referenced memory at 0x12c583a8. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program' I then started a new campaign but with a different squadron so I would take off from a different airfield to see if it would make any difference. I managed to take off and climb to around 14,000 feet with everything working as it should, but then the game crashed and the error message appeared again. Any ideas on why this would happen/how to fix it?
I'm running UP 2.01 by the way if it helps

burlaff Wrote:i've installed the campaign and it worked fine for a while, but then while playing it (after a few minutes, as I was taking off) I got an error message which read ‘The instruction at 0x0f8a0a57 referenced memory at 0x12c583a8. The memory could not be read. Click ok to terminate the program' I then started a new campaign but with a different squadron so I would take off from a different airfield to see if it would make any difference. I managed to take off and climb to around 14,000 feet with everything working as it should, but then the game crashed and the error message appeared again. Any ideas on why this would happen/how to fix it?
I'm running UP 2.01 by the way if it helps

Hi,
Yes, its a memory problem! Have you the "modified exe's for max performance" installed! Its included in UP via JSGME!
Try also to reduce your "Landsape detail" in IL-2 and the "Squadron Density" under "General Campaign Settings" in DCG!
Hope it helps!

I tried the JSGME mods you suggested but they just made the problem worse, however, I did manage to get the campaign working when I changed the settings in the DCG.
Thanks for the reply by the way and thanks for the campaign.