Dynamic light mod

Hi to all!

This mod adds dynamic light to il2, it is a light spot that you can use to give your night mission maps
a more different look than before, you can also use and combine different objects like default light
types and lamppost object to decorate the towns and airfields.
If you want brighter light spot just put 2 or 3 D_Light over each other.

Just extract "vas_dynamic light mod" folder to your Mods folder, and add this line:
Code:
DLightAirfield   vehicles.stationary.DLight$DLightAirfield 0
exactly as it is to your stationary.ini file, open your stationary.ini file and find CampfireAirfield
and add the line under CampfireAirfield's line, in this way you will have it as new object called
"DLightAirfield" under CampfireAirfield in MB or FMB.

Remember this mod is not tested in HSFX or other packs so test in your own risk.

For any changes or redistribution ask for my permission.

Note: You can only put 30 dynamic light spots on maps! i don't know which file control this limitation, maybe someone can find a way to fix that.

[Image: 3edfb5b620ae360f7fc4a62ae5102b936g.jpg]
[Image: 994da04bf505a2802b1781bcbfea365e6g.jpg]
[Image: cc40091460f9ec39c7f56b5db9b3a3206g.jpg]
Download Arrowhttp://www.mediafire.com/?2zwpn3w85e14sum
Have fun

stuka_40
2010-07-24

Smile :wink:

Very Nice Big Grin

I'll be sure to use these during the Blitz :lol:

Thanks these will make to game much more realistic, for villages and small towns in occupied France,

Planemad

I´ve needed to rubbing my eyes to belive this! thank you so much! Big Grin

Coolies, this is what I need exactly for my little Gate/Security Checkpoint into Special Hidden Factory that is located near the Forest North West of Berlin.

Great! A very useful mod!
Thank you! Big Grin

That's a great mod! Thanks!

Great Big Grin

Thank you awesome mod.

Sweet, great mod Big Grin

Thanx,

Cheers, Neil Smile

Thanks a lot! Will check tonight Big Grin

stuka_40 Wrote:
Remember this mod is not tested in HSFX or other packs so test in your own risk.

Just to let you know it doesn't work in HSFX. Object appears in FMB list, and on the map in 3D the only thing I see is a lightspot on the ground but not the lamppost itself.
I've tried several options but no joy till so far.

Lejo Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:

Just to let you know it doesn't work in HSFX. Object appears in FMB list, and on the map in 3D the only thing I see is a lightspot on the ground but not the lamppost itself.

In this case it works with HSFX! the lampost is a static object ( as i remember a mod from AAA that someone extracted from TOW), that i put there .
The mod only generate a light spot.

Mod looks great but I cant download this file from mediafire (oter one's without problems) I download it through my medifire acount and here is another link if has someones same problem

http://www.mediafire.com/?8k1g92aktvo

Stuka, is it possible to have a similar light but which spreads light over a bigger area let's say 100 meter x 100 meter? It would be good to give light to towns, with the present one it takes too many lights to create a noticeable effect to bigger areas in towns. I tested yesterday and I think it looks great!! I tried to light the center of a small town...
Can't take screenshots in game like it was in the old days when you could take 100 screenshots in one session... :mrgreen:

stuka_40 Wrote:
Lejo Wrote:
stuka_40 Wrote:

In this case it works with HSFX! the lampost is a static object ( as i remember a mod from AAA that someone extracted from TOW), that i put there .
The mod only generate a light spot.

LOL! :lol:
I thought your mod consisted of a light spot + lamppost but if I had read your text in green more closely I should have known the mod was only about a light spot on the ground.