YouTube Movie Making Topic

Hello, my friends Smile

This is the place to learn everything about making a YouTube video which you could post in this Screenshots, Images & Video forum. Use this topic for the instructional things. Post your finished videos by making your own topic about it.

YouTube Movie Making Topic will inspire more people to create YouTube videos, especially IL-2 ones. As a bonus to all of us, the increased number of YouTube IL-2 videos will draw viewers to discover both IL-2 and our community.

Post links to your YouTube video only for instructional purposes here. You may include a screen capture of your YouTube video in your post or about an aspect of how to do it for illustrative purposes.

If you have technical experience that you want to share or want to ask a question, then please feel free to post here.

Remember to give credits in your YouTube movie to everyone who helped you with IL-2 and your video.

The very clear basic instructions that members give in this topic will be included in this first post and credit will be given for that.

Here are a few things to consider as preparation for making a YouTube video:

1) It might be necessary to install a software tool out Program Files in order to get it to work for you.

2) When the user has a late model Operating System, the need might be there to run a program in Compatibility Mode for the Operating System in which the software was designed (older software). Right click on the program icon. A window will appear. Look for the Properties tab. Click on it and another window will open. Look for words like "Run application in compatibility mode for Windows XP service pack 2", for example. Since many software have been updated to the latest operating systems, this technique is seldom needed.

3) [size=150][color=#BF00BF]Guide by ( and hit this List download mirrors for V1.9.9 (32-bit) release build (VirtualDub-1.9.9.zip) )
2) FRAPS :
3) HuffYUV :

For clear smooth Recorded clips the best solution is to record your clips with TrackIr and set it to smooth sensitivity!

Hope to See new movies From new Movie makers Smile

!S Erg./JG54_s0crazty

I'd love to know why the fraps drops my 60 FPS to 3 when I start recording.
My rig is powerful enough to run MW2 on highest possible settings without anti-aliasing.

Thanks for this topic Fireskull. Your Computer, Benchmarking, Optimizing, and Tweaking for IL-2 thread has helped me a ton. I'm looking for a little technical advice/suggestions from some movie makers. At times, I am still having the darnedest time getting fraps to work properly with Win7,Up2.01,gtx285, 12gb ram,quad core p6x58d,and TrackIRV5; ProcessAffinityMask=2. I am recording to a external HD.Fraps v 3.2.3

I am getting a few crashes and some stuttering now and then, esp on graphical-intensive missions/maps like 352's channel, Hawaii, etc. with cloudy weather and 70 plus planes. i.e. While running a coop server, Ill be flying through clouds and switch my view, record or activate my TrackIR (F9) and Ill crash to a white screen. However, I can still hear the sounds and the game continues on the coop end. This only seems to happen with fraps running.

I thought Id share the 4 things that have helped me the most so far:
(1) I disabled the screen overlay in fraps, (2) locked the frame rate at 30fps, (3) changed water to 3 and (4) changed these settings to in my conf.ini (the first and last tweak seemed to help the most --thanks to StG77_HaDeS):

Code:
TexMipFilter=2
Specular=1
SpecularLight=0

Recording is typically very good with clear skies and a few planes. However, I still would like to optimize and be able to record without crashing during coop. It should be very possible

If any of you great movie makers have some more advice Id greatly appreciate it. Some real epic movies out there. Also...

Anyone have any experience Activating "Safe_DLLs" which is included in the UP 2.0 package? Maybe that helps?
I checked and I am running compatibility mode xp sp3 for fraps, but not trackir or il2. Could that be an issue?
I am not using any max memory exe TiR in the JSGME. Maybe I should?

EDIT: Ok, maybe I asked my questions too soon (Ill answer my own questions :oops: )....I downloaded the 4Gbexe file for 64 bit systems and saw some improvement; I also activated Safe_DLLs and saw a HUGE improvement WOW...that did the trick

I was a bit hesitant to go enabling mods all willy nilly, but the dlls did the trick. Great addon! I hope this helps someone else. Running smooth as silk now....

Big Grin

I have to get Windows 7... None of my video editors won't render...

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:I have to get Windows 7... None of my video editors won't render...
Why m8 I can help you i have everything for win 7 even for 64 bit win7 Tongue we can talk private Big Grin

My vista is slowly killing itself, I think, sometimes the mouse freeze and a click results in a beep and so on...
'Should reinstall but it's easier to just format the drive and install clean 7 Big Grin

KG64_Cnopicilin Wrote:My vista is slowly killing itself, I think, sometimes the mouse freeze and a click results in a beep and so on...
'Should reinstall but it's easier to just format the drive and install clean 7 Big Grin

Yes like i said in previous Topic In Latins SVISTA means Delete so S-VISTA Smile Win7 for the win!And dont worry for the editors and programs i can help you 100% i have everything because i use both systems Win xp and Win7 32-64 bits So go on with your Format Smile

Only trouble is, after you have done all this and posted your video, You Tube then delete the music due to copyright, as I found out :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-TZsgo ... re=channel

Had to put it here to keep the audio:-

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1375/newyearsday.mp4

Dogtail2 Wrote:Only trouble is, after you have done all this and posted your video, You Tube then delete the music due to copyright, as I found out :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu-TZsgo ... re=channel

Had to put it here to keep the audio:-

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1375/newyearsday.mp4

When this happens and the song is perfect.....upload a "Live" version and you'll usually be golden. 8)

I have solution for the Copyright but i have to post Programs and not aloud here but... you can change The speed of the song by Slower it 0.01S per Sec and add your own description and after all this process you "OWN" the music of the video Smile i do this in all my videos!

Ps : Dogtail2 this is you in the video? Nice btw!

Good day, everyone Smile

I updated the first post in this topic.

Ok I did it!
I got my video up on YouTube WITH the audio Smile
Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4w0ZAerCM

Dogtail2 Wrote:Ok I did it!
I got my video up on YouTube WITH the audio Smile
Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb4w0ZAerCM
Not anymore Tongue Just Upload the original video and i will make it for you !

Ok false alarm.

The music worked for a while but was deleted again by YouTube Sad
I made the video and added the music with Windows Movie Maker but cant figure out how to slow the music slightly as Erg./JG54_crazty suggested.