New desert textures.

Hi guys.

Some of you may have seen this youtube video showing a video test for the new desert textures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7Om121t4I

These images were showing a rocky aspect of these new textures. Today i released a second video test showing a more sandy looking. This time the textures will be released as map, since this is a stock desert map, "desert_online ". I will make new version for Sands of time, and the stock Mto map. For the Lybia map, and Sinai, only the textures will be released as these maps are not stock ones.

So here the link for this second video, i put some pics coming directly from the movie (this explains the low resolution) to illustrate the new repainted map. There is a lot of modifications, it's not just a repaint. I reworked the coast, the water coleur, the oasis, the bildings. I hope you will like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7WP68Ivq4

Second movie pics

[Image: 4827550557_752b7f01ac_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828158422_3b881a18ae_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828160340_beb2565daa_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827552017_0582b36b8b_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827552483_e86f030280_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827552929_323c9e403f_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827553873_2451bc0c0a_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828164000_f7168d42ce_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828165488_882d1221b8_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827557677_7f8394f010_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828166962_fa1a9c9ed6_b.jpg]
[Image: 4827560143_be134f96f1_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828167728_8d0c68cbc5_b.jpg]
[Image: 4828169120_61889d7bcf_b.jpg]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to classical method.
Ok here you have knew link for a lighter version of the map, with indexed textures (better for slow pc) and some bugs have been fixed. I added some sea airfields. There are 2 ways to install the map, I would suggest you to chose the second which replace once for all the stock map and make that you not need to edit too many things on your existing missions/campains and will be able to play the old ones on this new map.

The coast is diferent in this map from the stock one, so some objecst may have to be moved.

-----------------

Redko's Desert Map Link 1

Redko's Desert Map Link 2

Install instructions (i recommand the case 2, please read both before to proceed to installation ):

Separate map_F file for those who already have the map and need this (error message map_F missing):

Redko's Desert Map_F fix

CASE 1 = I WANT A SEPARATE INSTALL:

Just the "redko_Desert" file into your mapmod folder as usual like this :

MODS/MAPMODS/maps/redko_desert

Put the texture folder like this:

MODS/MAPMODS/maps/Tex_/redko_tex/Lybia

On you all.ini file, located on MODS/MAPMODS/maps path folder, add this line:

redko_desert redko_desert/load.ini

You have Missions/campains from the stock desert_online map, you have to edit the .mis file for each missions and change the name of the map to redko_desert.

CASE 2 = I WANT TO REPLACE THE STOCK MAP (easier in my opinion, both for install and later to deal with the existing missions/campains

In this case, do the same, ad the textures file "Lybia" on the classic redko_tex folder still like this:

MODS/MAPMODS/maps/Tex_/redko_tex/Lybia

And then just rename the redko_desert folder into classic "desert" name exactly like the stock one...and that's all. You have nothing to add in you all.ini file

Mods needed:

Lejo's Southern European Houses Pack:
Southern European Houses Pack

Lejo's Desert House Pack:
Desert House Pack Link 1

Desert House Pack Link 2

Credits:

Lejo, Viking, Avala, Mick and all the SAS and AAS team Wink

Those textures are amazing Confusedhock:

Like i post in youtube " A W E S O M E " cant wait it looks so real!

Incredible....

... jawdropping textures redko !!

Because of you I'll now have to refly all my desert campaigns one more time ...!! :lol:

Confusedhock:

That is awesome! The video and pics (pics from the video lol) are very realistic.

Wow outstanding looking forward to the release.

Hi there

Waiting for the link to load....Great job!!!!!!!!!

A+

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Awesome work!!!!!

Horrido shrek1

Redko! This is FANTASTIC!

jep, looking good. I like it. Big Grin

Are the screenshots desaturated? Besides that, the desert textures look good.

Congratulations Sir! Impressive, great work! cant wait to fly!

Hello, redko

These textures really do look fabulous, like everyone is saying. I have been following your work and others are taking notice, too. Please keep the fine works coming.

By the way, a suggestion: in your graphics card control panel, see if you have a setting that is called something like this...

Texture filtering - Anisotropic mip filter optimization (This substitutes point-mipmap filtering for linear-mipmap filtering on all but the primary texture stage) Having this ON can sometimes cause the little white dots that are in your images. I put this in the topic to help anyone who might have the same issue. This can be deleted later.