Thread Closed

What is ultrapack?

Considering it hit 100 today in Tennessee, yep Ice cream would work!!

vanilla ice cream for me..

In that it is a good base where I can add the topings I like..

Instead of some one else deciding for me what topings I should like and adding them in for me ! Wink

Man ya can't just drop it can ya ACe?? Now your being a tool!!

Migalex Wrote:I would like to know whats the difference from HSFX and UP? I heard you can run them both, is it true?
Thanks

Good day, my friends

Migalex, you are asking legitimate questions. Please feel free to ask more at our website, regardless if an arguement starts. Our oversight team will handle that. Smile

Yes, you can run both HSFX and UltraPack, but each one in separate installations into two installations of the stock IL-2, if you want to try both separately. The alternative is to get the UltraPack and use the JSGME Mods Enabler and try the UP or HSFX mode. This is basically switching between HSFX and UP in the UltraPack. I wrote this to make sure it is clear.

I am recommending to you that you try both but each in separate installations into two stock IL-2.

Formula:

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07m DVD + 4.08m patch + 4.09m patch + HSFX add-ons in order
=OR=
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 4.07m DVD + 4.08m patch + 4.09m patch + UltraPack add-ons in order

Again, I am recommending that you do both and try them for yourself. Instructions for downloading are in the HSFX forum and the UltraPack forum of our website All Aircraft Simulations.

Notice, please, the questions. Especially, take note of the following:

Migalex Wrote:I would like to know whats the difference from HSFX and UP?

HSFX 4.1 was released several months ago. It was a mod pack which was the fruit of an agreement of the leaders of the communities: HSFX, UltraPack, SAS, Unified Installer (UI), and a few other individuals. They agreed to collaborate on a mod pack release.

The HSFX 4.1 includes HSFX mods, UltraPack mods, SAS mods, Unified Installer UI 1.1, UI 1.2, and beta UI 1.2.5, as well as the mods and improvements of a few individuals.

HSFX was indeed designed for the SEOW campaigns primarily, but with the HSFX 4.1 we see other purposes, including an attempt at unification of the largest modding communities (intended as a start in that direction, anyway).

A short while passes and the UltraPack leadership released the UP mod pack with the HSFX contained within it. The agreed unification mod pack died with this, but I am not blaming the UltraPack leadership because we do not know all the facts behind the scenes. Guys, don't go there with the blame game if you want your post to not be edited by me, by the way-just a friendly warning here. :wink:

UltraPack has made a considerable contribution of mods and innovations, just as HSFX and others have.

HSFX, SAS, Team Daidalos, UltraPack, and individuals of the former Unified Installer are sometimes working together and many times not.

The mod pack add-ons have changed and will continue to do so, as proven by the past. Even the exact same mod pack has been known to have been altered in later releases of add-ons and updates.

Both HSFX mod packs and UltraPack mod packs have many good mods and a few issues because nothing is perfect in this world, last I knew. :lol:

It's simple. This leaves us with the best option to try mod packs and choose what works best for ourselves.

If you want to fly online, then I recommend joining an online squadron and using the mod pack which they have. We have a Community Generated Squadron List in the Announcements forum with links to the websites of the squads.

The HSFX and the UltraPack have their own forums here and the information about them and the downloading process is in them.

The debate about which mod pack is best has ended here. This website does not promote one mod pack over another. We can not stop personal opinion or bias, but we will not allow the promoting of one mod pack over another. Consider the case closed, and may the debaters leave this topic as friends who disagree.

This topic is locked, at least temporary.

Fireskull, Administrator

Read the above post.
Thread Closed