Unified Map Mod

Unified Map Mod

I started this mod because I wanted to unify some of the maps in the game. I really love the work that people are doing on some of the newer maps that have come out recently, and I think they give the game new life. At the same time, there are other maps that are already in the game that even though they use some of the same bodies of land, the textures are so different that they look like you are on a totally different map. Here is an example. The B-29 Alley map has Kyushu, Okinawa, Iwo, Saipan, Tinian, Aguijan, Rota, and Guam all in one map. This is a great map but it uses stock looking textures so I redid this map and used textures that have a more realistic earth tone look to them. Although most of the islands in the B-29 Alley map can be flown as single independent versions, the smaller versions don't match the B-29 Alley map, so I revamped it so that weather you are on the big map with all of the Islands together, or if you are on single versions, it will still look the same.

The initial version of this mod came out so well that I just kept going until I had the whole Pacific theater done. Now it all matches. The maps that were redone in this mod are…

B29_Alley, Burma, Guadal, Kokoda, Marianas, OJ Japan, Okinawa, Philippines, Rennell, SantaCruz, Singapore, The Slot, Tarawa, and Truk.

Installation:
1: You must first have the maps above installed.
2: Extract the Unified Map Mod.7z file
3: Copy the MODS folder into your IL-2 1946 root directory. When asked to overwrite, say yes to all.

NOTE: This mod was tested using UP2.1. If you are using UP2.1, the only additional map you should have to install is the OJ Japan map. If for whatever reason you do not install the OJ Japan map, you will still be able to play all of the other maps, you just won’t have access to the OJ Japan map.

Be sure to backup your MapMods folder just in case.

Special thanks to all of the map makers, and to Redko, Agracier, and CY6 for their wonderful textures. And if I forgot anyone, thanks to you too.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?56giwwet6fyeqql

Enjoy!

Slikk

Hi,
First, I must say that the Santa Cruz and Rennell maps were through the new textures really improved!
However, the shallow water, especially in the Truk map, had to suffer by the changes!
I also think, that the other shallow water texture, which I have got from Bombsaway, better suited to the Truk map!
Nevertheless, many thanks to all who were involved in the work!

Hi'
Got a problem as not all of the required Maps appear in my FMB (UP2.1)

However, I found them all in the Files/Map folder ?? :roll: :roll:
What am I missing ?
ColaBen

ColaBen Wrote:Hi'

What am I missing ?
ColaBen

Hi,
Is another all.ini file in your Mods/mapmods/maps folder?
If yes, the missing maps are not included in this file!

ColaBen Wrote:Hi'

What am I missing ?
ColaBen

@ ColaBen

Slikk Wrote:B29_Alley, Burma, Guadal, Kokoda, Marianas, OJ Japan, Okinawa, Philippines, Rennell, SantaCruz, Singapore, The Slot, Tarawa, and Truk.

Installation:
1: You must first have the maps above installed.
2: Extract the Unified Map Mod.7z file
3: Copy the MODS folder into your IL-2 1946 root directory. When asked to overwrite, say yes to all.

You will have to have the maps above installed in your game before you install the Unified Map Mod. If you did not install the maps above individually, they will not show up in the FMB.

NOTE: Most of the maps above come with UP 2.1

Also, If you have the maps installed but you still dont see them in the FMB, make sure the maps in question are in your all.ini file located in...

IL-2 1946\MODS\MapMods\Maps

Thanks Slikk, will check that Idea
ColaBen

HI there, great job!!!!!

Something will be interesting to do, is to unified the Bougainville part of the slot, New-guinée map and the Rabaul one....

Wht do youthink?