BIG Trouble with sound in UP 201! SOLVED

I cannot get the sound to work in my Il2 4.09 UP 2.01! (I have 2 of them installed on different HDDs with slightly different setup but the main installs are the same! + a third with modact alone for the hell of it!)
I tried to load my 4.09 vith modactivator and that works without a glich, sound .log reads:
"-- new session --
num channels 32
Speaker config restored.
Audio finished."

BUT with UP 2.01 I get the following logs!

At 22:16 logged with il2fb.exe of 2010-02-18:

All other sounds work all right, it´s only in UP2.01 I have this problem!
Another problem is I have to have my conf.ini "read only" cause otherwise the "SoundUse=" is set to 0 (zero) when i start the game!!
I ran Dxdiag but it says "No problems found"

Please, can anyonehelp me??

Sound´s back! I really do not have a clue on how but it is back!

Now it seems to be solved permanently by installing a new set of mg_snd.dll and mg_snd_sse.dll dated 2007 06 05!

while on sound issue, can anyone point me in the right directions as to why I can hear engine sounds when I look side to side , but when looking straight ahead the engine sounds drop to zero. I still have flak sounds and gun sounds and can hear other planes/stuff etc.
Its only the single engine .. I am running 2.01 1.13 and have run updater etc but still no luck
~S~
thanks

RAF_Sharkzz Wrote:while on sound issue, can anyone point me in the right directions as to why I can hear engine sounds when I look side to side , but when looking straight ahead the engine sounds drop to zero. I still have flak sounds and gun sounds and can hear other planes/stuff etc.
Its only the single engine .. I am running 2.01 1.13 and have run updater etc but still no luck
~S~
thanks

Hi, Sharkzz

What is supposed to happen, of course, is that when one turns the head, ear is turned toward the engine thereby increasing the sound volume.

Why this goes to nothing in forward view is a mystery to me. Does this happen with only one plane or all of them?

If it happens to all of them, then you can increase the Objects volume in the IL-2 Hardware Settings - Sound.

If this happens with only one plane, then you can increase the level for an individual plane, using this method in the topic of this link:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=29857&p=336961&hilit=Engine+sounds#p336961

Fireskull Smile