Where to get B29?

Hello all. I really like the B29 airplane and I know you can get it for il2, problem is I have no idea how to find it. With all the confusion of the place closing, I am completely lost. I cant install the whole AAA mod because of not enough space, I just want the b29. any help is apprecaited, thanks.

Also where is the AC installer?

Verhängis's custom install + some SAS mods will do it.

Whatwalrus.com or try asking at SAS 1946 site.

Sorry that didn't help me one bit.

airbornerocks Wrote:I cant install the whole AAA mod because of not enough space
Make Room..

Than..

viewtopic.php?f=106&t=25515

Oh I am sure you can find out a way to install just one mod.. but it would be ezer to make room IMHO.. Del one of the other games and go for it.. You wont regret it

get a 500 GB external hard drive.... then just maybe it's enough space :wink:

Hello, everyone

I must say that getting a major mod pack will blow your mind with amazement at all the content - both planes and mods. ACE-OF-ACES has a point here.

It's worth borrowing money to buy a cheap external hard drive. I have a 1TB HD that I bought for 100 U.S.A dollars which has a trillion byte storage, but you could get a used HD at a local computer store for about $25.00. IL-2 runs well from an external drive.

Since you are pressed for hard drive space, you probably should either use the SAS method of custom installation over a 4.09m or get the HSFX 4.1 with the Silver Plate B-29 which will need about 11 GB of space, if I remember correctly - anybody remember? (Mine has additional content added, so I just can't check it and tell you from that.)

Here is my guide with all the basic areas to get you started. I think that you will be able to make a decision based on this:

IL-2 Newbie Guide

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314&p=332140#p332140

Have fun with everything! Smile

So what happened to the AC installer? Thanks but the newbie guide still doesn't help at all.

airbornerocks Wrote:So what happened to the AC installer? Thanks but the newbie guide still doesn't help at all.
AC installer was made 3 years ago. It's no longer supported. I hasn't been supported for almost 2 years. We got Unified installer and then HSFX and Ultrapack.
Read the newbie guide to get into the "modern" modding.

airbornerocks Wrote:Thanks but the newbie guide still doesn't help at all.
Ill see what I can find..

But I don't think I will find a better newbie guide..

Let alone a newbie guide to newbie guides Wink

Save yourslef alot of trouble and simply DL and install HSFX!!

It light of you having trouble with the newbie guide I think this will be your best bet!

So in short theirs no way just to download one plane now?

Since you don't want to install HSFX.......

Ask and ye shall receive.
B29 Standard
http://www.4shared.com/file/d9L-pVHU/coc...29_v4.html

Just D/L and install to your MODS folder.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But what do you mean install? i feel like a total noob, I extracted the files into the MODS folder, and that didn't work. I then dragged it into the folder but that didnt work either. Sad

You should just have to put the "Cockpit_B29" folder into your
"C:\Il-2 1946\Mods" folder.

Make sure that the "Mods" folder doesn't have a "-" infront of it.

ie....
Mods
not
-Mods

S!