[MAPMOD] NTL_Darwin_1942-43 Final Released

Darwin 1942-43
[Image: darwinpreview.jpg]

Well fellas, here it is....

SAS ModAct version.... http://www.filefront.com/17415058/NTL_Da..._Final.zip

Ultrapack version..... http://www.filefront.com/17415053/NTL_Da...UP2.01.zip

Actors.static fix for those who downloaded before 2/09/10..... http://www.filefront.com/17415064/NTL_Da...rs_Fix.zip

Please post here any problems you have here in this thread.

*******************************************************************************************
A map representing Darwin, Australia from 1942-43. 4x Allied bases & 2x Axis bases. Includes a fictional offshore Axis base/island to the north-west of the Darwin.

All new original custom textures and objects by Neil Lowe.

=================================
Installation:

See Readme file included in download...

Notes:
This map uses ZUTI's Airfield friction mod to enable landing and take-off from the two textured airfields. (RAAF Darwin & Parap) Using ZUTI's MDS mod enables this automatically. Alternatively you can use the standalone version of the airfield friction mod available from the Ultrapack website. http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php
Compatible only with "modded" IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 v4.09 onwards.
For use with either "Perfect" and "Excellent" settings.
Recommended conf.ini settings: Forest=2 LandGeom=2
Tested with original v4.09 *.dlls (use of others may show unexpected results)

A Special Thank-you to:

Oleg Maddox (A True Legend)
Paul Gatt
Ross Candido
Fly_zo
Lowfighter
FC
Clockwatcher
Bee
RAF_Magpie
Ajay
No457_Squog
ex_RAAF_elecfitter
Stonehouse
Sean Trestrail
Beachy
Team Diadalos
Special Aircraft Service
All Aircraft Simulations
All Aircraft Arcade (RIP)
Ultrapack
HSFX
Skinners, campaign/mission builders and FMB addicts everywhere.

Permissions:
All third party edits to this map are to remain "For Private Use Only" unless otherwise arranged with the author.

Mod-pack authors may use this map in their mod-packs but only in its original (unedited) form. The readme supplied in map folder MUST also be included.

Disclaimer:
The author of this package takes no responsibility for its use.
The contained files are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

...26/08/10

An alternative set of ed_maps made by No457_Squog can be found here ...

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6qgc2o38a45q3w9

Cheers, Neil Smile

Looks great - downloading now. Really looking forward to this map and campaign possibilities. I wonder if there is a saltwater croc mod to add extra spice to ditching?
Thanks for all your work Neil.

Hi Neil, I've just had a quick look round and must congratulate you on a well-made and great looking map Big Grin . It really does give a good flavour of Darwin how I imagined it would have looked. If only all of IL-2's maps had had the same level of research and detail applied to them... Sad .
Just one little query, and it doesn't need a fix, but is there a reason for the blank plates being in the town blocks and around the jetties? I presume they are just placeholders from the mapbuilding?
Btw, thanks for the new objects, especially the jetties. We've needed something like these for a long time now.

Looking forward to going against the Japanese over Darwin later today...

:cheers:

Quote:Just one little query, and it doesn't need a fix, but is there a reason for the blank plates being in the town blocks and around the jetties? I presume they are just placeholders from the mapbuilding?

The blank airfield plates enable the extended draw distances for objects to be displayed at their maximum distance in the *.msh and *.mat files. It might be worth noting this only works for objects embedded in the map (actors.static) and only if the meshes and mat files have long draw distance values.

Glad you like the map Smile

Cheers, Neil Smile

So does this work with Stock 4.09m?

Verhängnis Wrote:So does this work with Stock 4.09m?

Only if it's a mod enabled install. This map uses only stock 4.09 objects and new custom objects created by myself. It does not require files (tex) or objects from any object packs from any other maps to work.

Cheers, Neil Smile

Neil Lowe Wrote:
Verhängnis Wrote:So does this work with Stock 4.09m?

Only if it's a mod enabled install. This map uses only stock 4.09 objects and new custom objects created by myself. It does not require files (tex) or objects from any object packs from any other maps to work.

Cheers, Neil Smile

Finnaly, a Map that I can use. Big Grin

Neil Lowe Wrote:
Quote:Just one little query, and it doesn't need a fix, but is there a reason for the blank plates being in the town blocks and around the jetties? I presume they are just placeholders from the mapbuilding?

The blank airfield plates enable the extended draw distances for objects to be displayed at their maximum distance in the *.msh and *.mat files. It might be worth noting this only works for objects embedded in the map (actors.static) and only if the meshes and mat files have long draw distance values.

Well, that's a new one on me, and well worth remembering. Thanks.

:cheers:

Oh, that city in the picture is beautiful, I must download this one!

beautiful beautifuuul love it!!

Excellent stuff Neil, have to get cracking on a revamp of my DCG campaign now in between painting the walls in the new house extension.

Thank you.

cheers,
Stonehouse

Hi Neil

Can I please have the instructions for the installation steps for HSFX 4.1 Please

Thank you

Foxman Wrote:Hi Neil

Can I please have the instructions for the installation steps for HSFX 4.1 Please

Thank you

Have you installed any other addon maps before? Where are these located?

Do you have a "MODS" folder in your main IL2 Sturmovik 1946 folder?

Where are your all.ini and static.ini files located?

Maybe this thread will help ----> viewtopic.php?f=126&t=23331&view=next

Cheers, Neil Smile

Ni Neil

No, I have not installed any additional maps apart from the HSFX install, which includes your first version of Darwin.

I think I might have MODS folder in my main IL2 Sturmovik directory, but I am not sure.

Same goes for my all.ini and static.ini files, I'll check my install on my desktop and let you know

Yhank you for your prompt reply

Foxman,

Did you get the problem sorted out?

Cheers, Neil Smile