UP 2.1 installed, but I have some doubts

Conte Zero Wrote:Everything works, I have to understand many things about the structure and mod activators, right now I still move carefully.
So far, the only bug is a blueish shade on aircrafts body, expecially the camo skinned ones, and it happens when I shoot. It is supposed to be the gun flash i suppose, but the flashes on the plane are bitween light blue and violet, just a shade, but its annoying

all comments and suggestions have been really appreciated, thank you again

Good day,

If you have an ATI graphics card, then this is either a graphics setting issue or you need the 10.7 graphics card driver:

IL-2 Guide for Computers, Benchmarking, Optimizing, Tweaking

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22314

ATI-AMD Catalyst 10.7 Tested Fixes for IL-2

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=29207

Fireskull Smile

Fireskull Wrote:Good day,

If you have an ATI graphics card, then this is either a graphics setting issue or you need the 10.7 graphics card driver:
Fireskull Smile

Hi fireskull and thank you. Yes there is an ATI Mobile, HD4570 on this Dell notebook, so you're probably right. Not a big issue since on the notebook I am just testing, and soon this machine will be formatted and rebuilt on Win 7 (that's why I am experimenting any thing without any worry hehe)

On the desktop PC, I have completely removed Sturmo (including a register clean by CCclean) and reinstalled with Ultrapack as well. THAT installation counts to me, of course. So far I only have two notes

- On first run, I am SURE the dogtag in the opening screen said "Ultrapack 2.1"... but tonight I have noticed it says UP 2.0... am I going nuts?
- And just a slight shade flash in some clouds, at times. They flicker a bit, can't explain better sorry.

Conte Zero,

Conte Zero Wrote:
Fireskull Wrote:Good day,

Fireskull Smile

Hi fireskull and thank you. Yes there is an ATI Mobile, HD4570 on this Dell notebook...

1) On first run, I am SURE the dogtag in the opening screen said "Ultrapack 2.1"... but tonight I have noticed it says UP 2.0... am I going nuts?

Can anyone answer this? The only thing that I can imagine is that perhaps you switched something major OFF in your JSGME Mods Enabler. I don't use UP, but I will send a friend and one knowledgeable on UP to help you here.

Conte Zero Wrote:2) And just a slight shade flash in some clouds, at times. They flicker a bit, can't explain better sorry.

Take a look at your conf.ini file of the main registry of IL-2.

This topic by Jinxx is a guide on it:

De-Mystifying the Conf.ini
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29185&p=330965&hilit=cloud+flicker#p330965

Under the section [Game], make sure that you have a ... TypeClouds = 1 (Entered manually if not present.)

Under the section [Render_OpenGL]:

HardwareShaders=1
Sky=2 (try 3, too)

The system that you have should allow maximum settings on almost all or perhaps every graphics setting.

Look at my guide on IL-2 graphics configuration, especially page 3:

IL-2 Guide for Computers, Benchmarking, Optimizing, Tweaking

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22314

Fireskull Smile

Conte Zero Wrote:...On first run, I am SURE the dogtag in the opening screen said "Ultrapack 2.1"... but tonight I have noticed it says UP 2.0...
I can't understand this...is this a fresh install, and not the one you did this to earlier?
Quote:I brutally installed UP 2.0 AFTER installing the 2.01 patch, thinking "who cares, I still can nuclearize everything and restart from scratch". But it worked. UP 2.0 ran perfect, then I re-updated it to 2.01
In any case, you should be able to run the UPUpdater, and it should fix whatever is wrong.

Fireskull, thnx, too kind Sir. Will study all the links again!

8FS_Bulau Wrote:
Conte Zero Wrote:...On first run, I am SURE the dogtag in the opening screen said "Ultrapack 2.1"... but tonight I have noticed it says UP 2.0...
I can't understand this...is this a fresh install, and not the one you did this to earlier?
Quote:I brutally installed UP 2.0 AFTER installing the 2.01 patch, thinking "who cares, I still can nuclearize everything and restart from scratch". But it worked. UP 2.0 ran perfect, then I re-updated it to 2.01
In any case, you should be able to run the UPUpdater, and it should fix whatever is wrong.

Yes we're talking about a completely fresh install, and yes, I'll give UPUpdater a try, in case... Except from the two small issues I mentioned, everything works very well so far. I should seriously consider the Tiger33 soundmod though, since the Ultrapack sounds can't satisfy me compared to the old AAA Soundmod's sounds.