PAT smoke mod

Hi guys, I had a couple questions related to this mod... First of I only heard about it... I looked for it on internet so badly without ever being able to find a link to download the patch!!!

Second of... I haven't played il2 since ... years... I was wondering what is all this HSFX mods etc about???

Are there separate major modes (Such as bombay doors Idk..) that works seperately and that are incompatible from one another? also. Is any of these addons necessery to have the nice looking aerobatic smokes?

Thank you for your time and help Smile and sorry for this rather noobish question.

HSFX is most if not all of the old AAA mods.

With HSFX and UP with both you need to assign a key to open the
bomb bay doors when bombing.

AS for for the PAT SMOKE mod, I sent that to DM
so he could post it here.
I dont remember who made the mod but as a GUESS
PAt built it.There was no readme with the down load saying who built it.
When I down loaded it, it was on the old AAA site.

And you wouldn't be able to direct me to a functiuning link would you Sad
I just can't find one !

Hi,

Hello, Flagada and welcome to our community website. Smile

Flagada Wrote:Hi guys, I had a couple questions related to this mod... First of I only heard about it... I looked for it on internet so badly without ever being able to find a link to download the patch!!!

Second of... I haven't played il2 since ... years... I was wondering what is all this HSFX mods etc about???

HSFX 4.1 is a combination of Unified Installer mods (UI 1.1, UI 1.2, beta UI 1.2.5), Special Aircraft Service (SAS) mods, UltraPack (UP) mods, 242nd mods, the JSGME Mods Enabler, and some things from individuals. It was considered at the time to be a unifying mod pack and reflects that in its selection of mods that were popular at the time, and most still are popular. The update patch is the HSFX 4.11 and more add-ons may come. This is truely a huge number of popular mods in this mod pack.

UltraPack adds more content and tweaks some things. HSFX is included in a UP download and also has the JSGME Mods Enabler.

There are other alternatives to consider which is included in my IL-2 Newbie Guide.

Are there separate major modes (Such as bombay doors Idk..) that works seperately and that are incompatible from one another? also. Is any of these addons necessery to have the nice looking aerobatic smokes?

Thank you for your time and help Smile and sorry for this rather noobish question.

I use the HSFX 4.1 for online flying and the HSFX 4.11 for offline. What I like about my HSFX is a minimum of effort to get it running well in my ordinary computer. It's easy to manage and it is designed for almost any computer "out the box".

On the other hand, UP has a ton of mods. If you like to really dig into things and experiment, the UP adventure might be for you.

Both the HSFX and the UP mod packs come with the very useful JSGME Mods Enabler which makes adding and switching mods, well, amazing easy in most situations.

SAS and Fusion Pack are cool too. With SAS you can build almost from scratch with only the mods that you like. With Fusion Pack, you would get an easy installation of their favorite mods from the IL-2 communities.

You really can't go wrong with any major mod pack choice.

My guide has important information for handling any mod issues and great IL-2 opportunities to consider:
IL-2 Newbie Guide

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29314

About the PAT Smoke, we might will have it for download here, but no promises. There are other great smoke mods available here. All the recent mod packs have nice smoke mods included, but you can add other smoke mods and try them, having to perhaps disable the previous smoke mod which is not too hard. If you get one with the JSGME Mods Enabler, then when you switch to High Effects, you will see awesome things from fires and explosions, though you might need a strong computer system to run them smooth.

Use the search for the term Smoke Mod.

Fireskull Smile

Ok here is some thing to read.
All about a new PAT mod.
http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/t ... 16.45.html

Thanks, Skyomish.

I remembered a conversation that we had a little while ago about PAT_Smoke:

[Help] Can't Use PAT_SMOKE !!!

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=29741&p=336155&hilit=PAT+Smoke+mod#p336155

It should be easy to install if one does not have it in a mod pack.

Fireskull Smile

Well thank you very much for your answers guys!
But is it possible to have a working link (torrent would work also) for the Pat smoke either new or not (with the camera angles would be very nice) please xD I have tried to find one, I have failed all day.

Also the reason I want the PAT smoke is because I know it replaces the pretty lame wingtip green and redish smokes by a more realistic better looking aerobatic smoke which is the only thing that interest me.

I do not intend to fly combat mission, just have fun with the camera angles, smokes and maybe possibly make a virtual aerobatic movie like I used to do before.

So please guys !!! I beg you to show me a link xD !!! I can't wait !

Flagada Wrote:Well thank you very much for your answers guys!
But is it possible to have a working link (torrent would work also) for the Pat smoke either new or not (with the camera angles would be very nice) please xD I have tried to find one, I have failed all day.

Also the reason I want the PAT smoke is because I know it replaces the pretty lame wingtip green and redish smokes by a more realistic better looking aerobatic smoke which is the only thing that interest me.

I do not intend to fly combat mission, just have fun with the camera angles, smokes and maybe possibly make a virtual aerobatic movie like I used to do before.

Good day,

If I remember correctly, the newer PAT Smoke allows a selection of smoke color. I do remember being impressed by a screenshot of it.

Since you like aerobatic planes, you'll be interested to know that several are Work In Progress. There is an Su-26 for IL-2.

There is also this:
Aerobatic Plane
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22506&p=263604&hilit=aerobatic+plane#p263604

In our Community Generated Squadron List of the Announcements forum, I think there must be some aerobatic squadrons in there somewhere.
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=24405

Fireskull Smile

i didn't like using PAT, because it interfered with my throttle and i could throttle up, but i sure like the cam Smile

RadPig94 Wrote:i didn't like using PAT, because it interfered with my throttle and i couldn't throttle up, but i sure like the cam Smile

Fireskull Wrote:
Flagada Wrote:Well thank you very much for your answers guys!

Good day,

If I remember correctly, the newer PAT Smoke allows a selection of smoke color. I do remember being impressed by a screenshot of it.

Since you like aerobatic planes, you'll be interested to know that several are Work In Progress. There is an Su-26 for IL-2.

There is also this:
Aerobatic Plane
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=22506&p=263604&hilit=aerobatic+plane#p263604

In our Community Generated Squadron List of the Announcements forum, I think there must be some aerobatic squadrons in there somewhere.
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=24405

Fireskull Smile

Thanks fireskill I'm actually working on making this plane work for now a good 48 hours xD I see people posting comments I want to fly it so badly !!!!

As for aerobatic squadrons I should be able to join one if they need someone xD but first I need to make the damn game work and get some pat smoke on ma plane !!!!

I was thinking... Would anyone be great and friendly? And add me up on skype (Just PM me and I give you my skype name) so that from there he can give me the PAT smoke mod through skype ? (no limit on skype... I already gave or received files as big as 800Mb)

Thanks anyway for those responses pointing out the goodies of the game I sure as hell appreciate it Smile

Hi Guys
Here is PAT Smoke link Arrow

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10638&hilit=patsmoke

CM6 :-)