[Mod] Luft Jet Sounds V1

I hated the fact that every single jet sounded the same, so I decided to do something about it and I had a look in the SFS and found every sound relating to Jets.
I picked the ones I thought were top notch and most suitable. I started of with the HeS 011 and made it sound more "Advanced" as it was the most advanced german design.
Obviously there is no riedel starter motor on the engine to my knowledge.

I believe these sounds are realistic as on youtube I have seen the Me-262 from MS Flight Simulator and apparently the sounds are real Jumo sounds, and being Microsoft, I believe that.

And AFAIK these sounds or atleast some of them are unused, well until now.

Just drop it into your MODS folder and you will have the sounds on every single Aircraft that uses the HeS 011.(Ta-183, Me-262 HG II, He-162 C,D, Go-229NJ.)

High Speed Fly by's(800 km/h) Sound awesome.

Credits:
Verhängnis
Sounds:
Stock IL-2
Special thanks to Rookie67 for his excellent tutorial which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=82&t=22652

Future versions will come to include the Jumo 004,A and BMW 003 to have some variation of sounds.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?396oveozczt9q5k

Enjoy! Smile

Now any of the experts in this sound department can perhaps help me to get the sounds to travel farther when you zoom out, if you know PM me please.

Thanks mate , I will give a try now !

Verhängnis Wrote:I believe these sounds are realistic as on youtube I have seen the Me-262 from MS Flight Simulator and apparently the sounds are real Jumo sounds, and being Microsoft, I believe that.
Actually

At the time MS went out and sampled the sounds of one of the new Me262's build from scratch, problem is those new Me262 use modern jet engines, General Electric GE J85 turbo-jet

http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs ... me262.aspx

8)

Fireskull Smile

Thanks, will try ASAP! Big Grin

Tagert Wrote:
Verhängnis Wrote:I believe these sounds are realistic as on youtube I have seen the Me-262 from MS Flight Simulator and apparently the sounds are real Jumo sounds, and being Microsoft, I believe that.
Actually

At the time MS went out and sampled the sounds of one of the new Me262's build from scratch, problem is those new Me262 use modern jet engines, General Electric GE J85 turbo-jet

Ok so what I read was not entirely clear however I did know that the reproductions were powered by Modern Turbo jets because the Jumo Engines were unreliable.

However if that engine sounded like that and its first run was in the 50's then I doubt that Junkers engine had a vastly different sound.

Any ways, what do you guys think? Did I do a decent job?

Verhängnis Wrote:
Tagert Wrote:
Actually

Ok so what I read was not entirely clear however I did know that the reproductions were powered by Modern Turbo jets because the Jumo Engines were unreliable.

However if that engine sounded like that and its first run was in the 50's then I doubt that Junkers engine had a vastly different sound.

Any ways, what do you guys think? Did I do a decent job?

I think you did good Smile , but, maybe you could add a few more sounds for the various stages of power? :wink:

Yes will perhaps in V3 I will try experimenting with new sounds, it's just that the tutorial on this site is not entirely clear so it took me hours to figure it out perfectly and make it decent.

Thanxalot, m8! 8) Will d/l right away and give it a try! Big Grin

Verhängnis Wrote:Ok so what I read was not entirely clear however I did know that the reproductions were powered by Modern Turbo jets because the Jumo Engines were unreliable.

Who knows

Your guess is as good as mine on that

And don't feel bad about it not being entirely clear

MS went way out of thier way to hide the fact that the sounds they flew to PA to obtain off the new Me262 could have been obtained off a comercial jet liner at their local air port

Like you going into it I think MS thought they had restored an orginal engine and didn't realise that was not the case until they got there

Tagert Wrote:I think MS thought they had restored an orginal engine and didn't realise that was not the case until they got there

I guess they gave a frak about it - jets whistle, don't they? Who cares, if it's a GE J-xx, now buy it and shut up! :wink:

I think we can't be glad enough we're a community of people, caring about details and not just "consumers"!

Thanks again, Verhängnis and good luck with your further efforts! Big Grin

Bearkiller72 Wrote:
Tagert Wrote:I think MS thought they had restored an orginal engine and didn't realise that was not the case until they got there

I guess they gave a frak about it - jets whistle, don't they? Who cares, if it's a GE J-xx, now buy it and shut up! :wink:
Bingo!

It was the big laugh back in the day when CFS3 came out.. In that MS was making claims like "As real as it gets" with not only the sounds but everything else about CFS3

Well CFS3 has come and gone and IL2 is still standing

Tagert Wrote:Well CFS3 has come and gone and IL2 is still standing

Yep. And it is worth more than a million, compared to that disappointing cr@p, called "CFS3"! :Smile)

Verhängnis Wrote:Yes will perhaps in V3 I will try experimenting with new sounds, it's just that the tutorial on this site is not entirely clear so it took me hours to figure it out perfectly and make it decent.

As a suggestion. Look at other PRS files and see how they are laid out and what information they give you. Its how I did it when I did the 38.