Which Mod packs will be the best

Guys,
We are on our way to start a new campaign with a bunch of new players, we have been using AAA unified installer that makes all AI aircrafts flyable and we always play online cooperative mode. The IL2 Newbie Guide is a great help but does not disclose the contents of each one of the mod packs. Can somebody send us a link explaining the contents of each mod pack and recommend one considering the normal way we play, that means online cooperative and with flyable AI aircratfs?

many thaks for your help

Chacal

Probably HSFX of UltraPack both are widely used and are sort of an updated version of UI 8)

Planemad

Here is HSFX 242.
Read about HSFX :
http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/index.php? ... e3c29682ab
This is UP home also read about UP:
http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php
For some thing like this you must find out on your own.

Thanks guys! The link explains the contents for HSFX but not for Ultrapack, is Ultrapack an upgrade of HSFX. What about SAS?

Thanks in advance!

Chacal

UP mod pack is very larger with many things.
Lots of planes - maps- plus HSFX comes with it.

Now for SaS they have great stuff. You must learn to add their planes
and things one at a time,no auto installer.
Most is for off line.With that said my friend and I play online with SaS
planes. Both need to have them in order for it to work.

Hi,

The direct answer is that which mod pack is the best probably depends on the user needs and wants.

People in online squadrons use whatever their squadron and affiliated squadrons use.

Someone who wants to just download and play with little or no adding of individual mods later could go with HSFX, UltraPack, or FusionPack.

HSFX is simplified for the needs of the 242nd but many people like it because of the simplicity.

UltraPack adds to the HSFX already huge collection of mods with a bunch of their own.

SAS has a system of adding individual mods to the stock IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 V4.09 and is great for guys who are only interested in a few things anyway.

Fusion Pack is probably the simplest to download and install, has many of the most popular mods, however, you might have to wait for their updates and might be limited in support for adding mods. In my opinion, this is the easiest for the new guy but is also the riskiest for expansion.

You can't go wrong with any of these if you have some time and patience, enjoying the process.

Fireskull Smile

Hi m8s.

I'm one of the fellow pilots of the post maker for this questions (we fly together).
Your answers are great, and certainly good directed, but the fact is that what my friend (and myself) is questioning in fact is:

Does anybody know of any place where the contents of the packs are detailed?

We have now installed UP, but, except for the obvious addition of ai and some new planes and maps we don't know if something else is added (for example explosions mods, or sounds, or anything else) because we haven't find any place with a listing of all the modifications respective to the standard 4.09m version.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a lot.

Have you looked at the JSGME that makes all the mods active? I think there are like 50 + of them.
Also in the install there is a file called UP doc's. There is a lot of INFO.

Nice, well... almost nice. I didn't opened the JSGME after installing, thanks for the advice, at last now I can see the names and make a search for each mod to see what they modify. Not a perfect solution but less is nothing :wink:

Respecting the file you talk about, the installation left no file called "Ultr@pack" doc or folder in my IL2 directory (that is what you were talking about right?), so I don't know what is happening... The installation was right, no troubles, and the game works fine after installing, so I think it was not bad at all, but, as I said, there's no such file or directory (that is what I am really looking for, as u have noticed even with my bad english...)
What can be happening? Any idea?

Thanks in advance, mates.

Yes that is what I was talking about. You should have a
"Ultr@Pack" DOC in your game folder.
If you dont that is strange.
Has anyone else heard of this?? Please join in.

Kk.
Seems like nobody has answers to this. No worries, i'll found out.
Thanks a lot to all who tried to help, specially to Skyomish. Smile
Consider the thread closed.

Good flying and good hunt to all m8s, see u up there :wink:

CptDeath Wrote:Kk.
Seems like nobody has answers to this. No worries, i'll found out.
Thanks a lot to all who tried to help, specially to Skyomish. Smile
Consider the thread closed.

Good flying and good hunt to all m8s, see u up there :wink:

Cpt. Death,

The information about the specific contents of each mod pack is found at the host websites for each of them.

I wish you happy flying.

Fireskull Smile