Carrier landing bug

Hi all.

A few missions into Coral Sea campaign when I noticed that the IJN bombers doesn't actually catch the wire when the AI lands. When the carrier is undamaged it doesn't matter, but when it has a list after damage, all the planes falls off the deck!

I saw a whole sq. of Val's (16 planes) make perfect landings on CV Shokaku, and then glide off into the water and explode, one by one!

Fighters landing on the same damaged carrier was fine, because here the AI always catch the wire, preventing them to slide off.

CV Zuikaku was undamaged, but you can't expect the AI-pilots to land there instead.

Is there something a skilled modder can do?

Cheers,

BodyBag Wrote:Hi all.

A few missions into Coral Sea campaign when I noticed that the IJN bombers doesn't actually catch the wire when the AI lands. When the carrier is undamaged it doesn't matter, but when it has a list after damage, all the planes falls off the deck!

I saw a whole sq. of Val's (16 planes) make perfect landings on CV Shokaku, and then glide off into the water and explode, one by one!

Fighters landing on the same damaged carrier was fine, because here the AI always catch the wire, preventing them to slide off.

CV Zuikau was undamaged, but you can't expect the AI-pilots to land there instead.

Is there something a skilled modder can do?

Cheers,

Hi,

This topic was moved to IL-2 Technical Help forum.

What mod pack are you using?

Fireskull Smile

Hi Fireskull

I am using UP 2.01. Stock campaign with Lowengrin DCG.

The AI lands the bombers with the tail horizontal, thous never catching the wire, but still stops as it did.

It only becomes a problem when the physics in the game makes the plane slide off the tilting deck.

Cheers,